Value for money.

We have a good powder coating firm nearer than the name implies, Its Chicago coatings in Mossley Lancs.

I took my chassis to them and within a week it had been blasted and coated, a nice job too.

The cost was £150, thats certainly value for money for a change.

P1080797.jpg

P1080783.jpg

Bugger...that's exceptional !

Mick Richards

Blimey thats cheap, I pay more than that for blasting alone, obviously time will tell on longevity but it looks good now.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

I paid 600 euro for the same (blasting pre-repairing, doing the repairs at home, then blasting 2nd time & powder coating/baking.

Waldi

3 hours ago, openroad said:

Thats excellent value and great service Pete .

No repairs needed ?

Conrad.

Had the  diff mountings and the rack mountings plated, 1 small crack on the N/S rack mount a quarter inch only, but best to do it before Coating.

I have just collected my TR4 chassis after powder coating. Took it in Thursday afternoon ready 9.30 this morning. They came in over the weekend to do it as they are very busy! Chassis was blasted, zinc primed then satin black finish. Superb job. Price?£170. They are in west Norfolk but will have to clear with them before I pass exact location. Also for collection was a Maserati 250F tubular frame, unfortunately not mine!

Terry.

17 hours ago, Tomtr250 said:

Looking good Peter, you’re no hanging about with this one!

Tom

Collecting the shell from Ribble Technology on Thursday, its in Preston, then straight to our local bodyshop to get a coat on the Bare metal, will post a pic or too, best Pete.

Pete,

I take it you are going through the prylosis  heat removal for the paint and then the acid dip after to sort the rust. ? Even after the cleaning dip washes and power washing there’s tales of the acid leaching out from seams etc and spoiling paint finishes.

I think this is the 3 rd TR you’ve put through Ribble, and although you’ve moved them on probably within a year, you are obviously happy with Ribble and their process. Do they have a better or different process which avoids the leaching out problems ? I’m asking because I keep changing my mind between blasting and dipping and I’m just not sure.

regards Mick Richards

15 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Pete,

I take it you are going through the prylosis  heat removal for the paint and then the acid dip after to sort the rust. ? Even after the cleaning dip washes and power washing there’s tales of the acid leaching out from seams etc and spoiling paint finishes.

I think this is the 3 rd TR you’ve put through Ribble, and although you’ve moved them on probably within a year, you are obviously happy with Ribble and their process. Do they have a better or different process which avoids the leaching out problems ? I’m asking because I keep changing my mind between blasting and dipping and I’m just not sure.

regards Mick Richards

Good point as Ive stopped using the dip and gone back to blasting.

Stuart.