TR4A Ceramic Coated Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold for Sale in Classifieds

Hi folks - just a quick heads up that I have listed a superb 4A manifold in Classifieds - it is unused after being professionally ceramic coated which not only protects the manifold from corrosion but also reduces under bonnet heat thereby helping to protect the carbs, starter motor and dynamo/alternator from heat damage. The head and exhaust faces have been milled to be absolutely flat, it has been fitted with new copper coated studs and comes complete with a gasket and silicone bronze nuts which are far superior to normal brass nuts, being much harder so they don't "bell" out like normal brass ones when done up tightly.

Some photos attached.

I doubt you will find a better one - was asking £350 which is a bargain as it is, but price now reduced to £300 as I need the space  - ceramic coating on it's own typically costs more than this! Grab a bargain

If interested, get in touch or PM me 

Cheers Rich

PS Also have a TR2/3/4 one to a similar spec - price £175 - now reduced to £125

IMG_1153 (4).jpg

IMG_1154 (3).jpg

IMG_1155 (2).jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157 (2).jpg

IMG_1158 (3).jpg

IMG_1159 (1).jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Edited by rcreweread
Price reductions

That looks lovely Rich.

A bargain for someone.

I aluminium metal spray my TR2 exhaust manifold back in the early 70’s and if is still looking very good.   It was nice to have access to such facilities as an apprentice.

3 minutes ago, PGB BME said:

Has it been repaired looks like a weld is present

Phil

Phil - no it hasn't been welded - I think what you are looking at are the original casting marks which normally rust away! I believe the blasting process prior to ceramic coating is much less severe than normal sandblasting, hence the retention of much of the original surface finishes.

Cheers Rich

1 hour ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

That looks lovely Rich.

A bargain for someone.

I aluminium metal spray my TR2 exhaust manifold back in the early 70’s and if is still looking very good.   It was nice to have access to such facilities as an apprentice.

Peter - thanks for your comments - you might recognise the silicone bronze nuts as it was your recommendation some time ago to use and source them  - I ordered a small batch which had to come from across the pond!

A local Vapour Blasting company has just started doing the ceramic coating so was offering some great deals. They will also shortly start doing "crackle black" finishes and have a TR5 air plenum chamber of mine to do so I'm looking forward as to how that will come out - will post some photos when it's done 

Cheers Rich

Just a thought....if you have a spare matching exhaust pipe flange, that may assist a potential buyer that wants to convert their single outlet to your dual [semi extractor] manifold.