1 minute ago, Misfit said:

I have to feel sorry for the Americans having to find $4.67 a gallon.

And a smaller gallon. ;)

Stuart.

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

American gallon in LTR’s Stuart 

What about it?

Stuart.

Even though it's a 'smaller gallon' (3.79 versus 4.54 litres) a driver of one of America's favourite 'cars' the Ford F-250 pickup will be getting about 16 mpg, so you've gotta feel sorry for them really haven't you.

Nigel

2 hours ago, stuart said:

What about it?

Stuart.

That’s 3.785 LTR to USA gallon $4.67 divid by 3.785 = 1.205 per LTR  x 4.54 = $5.47 per imperial gallon or £4.15 per imperial gallon.

Where here we paying upto £1.60 per Ltr £7.26/$9.56 equivalent per imperial gallon. 

Based on these rough calculations we are paying More than double on current rates. 

So when Mr Biden states we are stopping Russian oil imports and we follow him I felt the need  to say you have to feel sorry for the Americans. That was all Stuart,  I think Nigel was on the same lines.

Ps not that I am suggesting we should or shouldn’t import their Oil. We have politicians to do that. 

Edited by Misfit

Good opportunity for many to consider downsizing in cubic inches. Yes, you CAN beat cubic inches.

(I will hide on this car forum).

Waldi

5 hours ago, Misfit said:

I have to feel sorry for the Americans having to find $4.67 a gallon.

I know that is probably a tongue in cheek comment but no need to feel sorry for us. Our petrol has been cheap for years and still is by comparison. I hear people complain about the price and I tell them of what other countries pay. Some people here have no idea what the rest of the world deals with. New Zealand ( my home country) is NZ$3+ per liter.

Simon

36 minutes ago, kiwican said:

New Zealand ( my home country) is NZ$3+ per liter.

Simon

Thats cheap, the equivalent of our £1.53 a ltr.

Stuart.

4 hours ago, kiwican said:

I know that is probably a tongue in cheek comment but no need to feel sorry for us. Our petrol has been cheap for years and still is by comparison. I hear people complain about the price and I tell them of what other countries pay. Some people here have no idea what the rest of the world deals with. New Zealand ( my home country) is NZ$3+ per liter.

Simon

Works out to be about the same as here (give or take a few coppers)

NZ$1 = £0.52, so £1.56 - £1.65 / litre

A typical RV gets around 7mpg and has a 200g tank so they are paying around $1000 today to fill up the tank and drive around 1500 miles. When I look at my current fleet (that doesnt include an RV but does include an F150 at around 16mpg) the TR3 is looking pretty good.

Stan

Morning all

with diesel prices heading ever upward it seems, even if the price of crude dropped this week, i though it prudent to fill Sapphire’s tanks

marine diesel for leisure use is priced assuming a 60:40 usage split between propulsion and heating use, as the vat is different for each use.

i heard that the price in our marina was due to go up this afternoon so off to the fuel dock at 9am, £1.35 a litre.

i now have 1,200+ litres aboard so am set for a while ….. :-)

steve

AA940079-7DB1-4D46-BA51-B6FFAB3EF839.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Morning all

with diesel prices heading ever upward it seems, even if the price of crude dropped this week, i though it prudent to fill Sapphire’s tanks

marine diesel for leisure use is priced assuming a 60:40 usage split between propulsion and heating use, as the vat is different for each use.

i heard that the price in our marina was due to go up this afternoon so off to the fuel dock at 9am, £1.35 a litre.

steve

That was a bargain, should have brought a tanker with you.

Stuart.

Well,

traveling around we carry a hudge treasure with us!

A fuel cap lock could be worth to think about? I have a few for TR4/4A fuel caps in my workshop.

If you see any need, please ask and send me a PM.

Ciao, Marco

On 3/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, Steves_TR6 said:

Morning all

steve

You smile twice when buying a boat the day you bought it and the day you sold it 

6 hours ago, ntc said:

You smile twice when buying a boat the day you bought it and the day you sold it 

Haha Neil, i know that saying well, but you have to spend your money on something and Sapphire brings me a lot of joy :-)

only yesterday i spent a happy afternoon changing the oil and filters on the huge diesels.

the engineering is beautifully done, with pre-fitted suction pipes to extract the old oil and filters centralised on brackets upright to minimise spillage.

afterwards i had a beer and nibbles whilst watching the rugby ..

steve

9384E4EE-971F-425D-B101-7A5DBF3E3FE1.jpeg

2EB82EAD-A76C-4CAE-828E-C0433A4DA7F1.jpeg

4DC402E7-62D3-4706-9243-48E93E1C01B0.jpeg

17 hours ago, james christie said:

Lucky bu**ers. 2,20€ or £1.85 here in the supermarkets

james

Hi James

even worse in some areas, we saw 2.28.9 last weekend in France.............made for a very expensive TRip.

Iain