Insurance cover when driving to an MOT centre

I had an interesting discussion with Lancaster insurance today, my car is booked in for an MOT locally as i need this to register it with DVLA for a V5. Despite insuring the car with the chassis number and booking the MOT he told me that I cannot drive it to the MOT centre without a reg issued by DVLA and doing so will render my insurance invalid.

is this correct or is this guy mistaken.

many thanks.

I would say he is talking twaddle. If their insurance doesnt cover it  (see the small print) then I would go somewhere else

Stuart.

I'm afraid from a legal standpoint he is incorrect..you just need to be insured

....If Lancaster insurance have a clause in their own policies that mentions this specifically and excludes that situation  then he may be giving you the correct information ...so i'd ask him to point you in the direction of the small print that says it!

Edited by jogger321
15 minutes ago, jogger321 said:

I'm afraid from a legal standpoint he is incorrect..you just need to be insured

....If Lancaster insurance have a clause in their own policies that mentions this specifically and excludes that situation  then he may be giving you the correct information ...so i'd ask him to point you in the direction of the small print that says it!

Thanks, will do. His reasoning is that if a speed camera catches me then the police wouldn’t be able to track me.

3 hours ago, Ricks green TR6 said:

Thanks, will do. His reasoning is that if a speed camera catches me then the police wouldn’t be able to track me.

Well thats a bonus.

Stuart.

In 49 years of TR6 ownership (more if I count previous my TR4) I only got nicked once for speeding (although stopped and told off a few times) It was in the 1970's when they were equipped with hand held mobile speed guns, in my case from a sneakily parked 'Jam sandwich' Granada! :(