Upper wishbone fitting

I'm really sorry if it is a thick question but I just want to make sure that I do this correct.

I tightened the castle nut to to arm tight and ensure that the wishbone could move nicely up and down however when I fit the cotter pin into the hole it does not align with the castle nut or rather the cotter pin does not fit into the slot of the nut that is on the outside of it

Simple me thinks just add another washer but I know there was only one washer when I removed the swingarm.  I am thinking the original bushings were fatter?  I have used the blue polyurethane bushings.   I would appreciate some advice before I progress.

I would add a picture but some message comes up about it being too big.

Richard

Edited by AarhusTr6

Hi Rich

I fitted Super Pro bushes and needed just the washer/nut and the split pin fitted nicely in the castellations.

Sounds like your bush is too slim or have you perhaps pressed it in too far through the other side? If not I can't see any harm in fitting another or thicker washer to ensure the pin sits in the castellations otherwise its more likely to allow the nut to move.

Andy

Use nyloc instead of slotted nuts?
  I know I do.

GHF274 is The Unipart reference.  They are 7/16 unf  thin pattern.

https://www.ldpart.co.uk/shop/shop.php?c=viewproduct&pid=465&cat=58&maincat=7&start=0&sid=sidd6fb2..

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

I.i.r.c the nut and ring should lock on the fulcrum pin, not have any clearance. A thicker ring could help, or try another nut.

Waldi

If the bush is correct you would run out of thread with the bush compressed and then you should be able to get the split pin in with just a small movement of the nut backwards. Obviously check the arm movement but all good bushes should be able to to be fitted like that.

Stuart.