19 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

I cant see the colours, are they for the Inertia Switch ?

Yes looks like it.

Stuart.

20 minutes ago, Ricks green TR6 said:

Thanks guys. Just need to work out what that is, if I need it and what it does. 

You do need it, its a collision switch that cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of a prang. If you dont have an original there are plenty of modern ones available that do the trick fine. Land rover ones are a favourite. like this Cutoff switch when you order it ask for a bit of the loom with the plug for it to make life easier.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
57 minutes ago, stuart said:

You do need it, its a collision switch that cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of a prang. If you dont have an original there are plenty of modern ones available that do the trick fine. Land rover ones are a favourite. like this Cutoff switch when you order it ask for a bit of the loom with the plug for it to make life easier.

Stuart.

I think ii have a spare original one somewhere if you’d like it?

If you go for the jew Rover one, as many including myself have, make sure it is wired to actually cut the fuel in the event of an impact, as they can be wired incorrectly.

steve

15 minutes ago, Ricks green TR6 said:

Mine is the carb version, would it still be required? Thanks again for everyone’s help.

Only if you have an electric fuel pump. 

Apologies for highjacking the thread but my 1969 PI didn't come with one fitted and the harness doesn't have the wires. Was the cut off a later addition for the American market or for here as well.

It seems like a sensible safety feature to consider incorporating into my build but if it was never a feature of the car is there anywhere else other than the bulkhead where it could be fitted to maintain originality?

Wiring wise I guess the switch sits between the white 12v feed to the pump.

Thanks

Andy 

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

Apologies for highjacking the thread but my 1969 PI didn't come with one fitted and the harness doesn't have the wires. Was the cut off a later addition for the American market or for here as well.

It seems like a sensible safety feature to consider incorporating into my build but if it was never a feature of the car is there anywhere else other than the bulkhead where it could be fitted to maintain originality?

Wiring wise I guess the switch sits between the white 12v feed to the pump.

Thanks

Andy 

Yes you could fit it up by the relays for overdrive and horn. Just make sure its in the correct orientation.

Stuart.

12 hours ago, tr graham said:

Andy

not on uk 1969 cars , not exactly sure when fitment started .

regards

graham

From CP51399 R/hand drive and CP52328 L/hand drive.

Stuart.