TR3 in classifieds

5 minutes ago, billy l said:

Is that a missprint in the price or am I missing something?  £25000?  I'm selling mine soon what does that make mine worth?  Cheers, Bill.

Think someone is dreaming, its still in Toronto as well

Stuart.

5 hours ago, stuart said:

Think someone is dreaming, its still in Toronto as well

Stuart.

(Toronto)Tim could give it a once over for you

4 hours ago, Phil Read said:

These comments are not helpful. Would you like someone making comments like this about you?

Probably not but £25k for a project is a lot of money.  Let's face it, any mechanical rebuild it has had is irrelevant, if you were renovating this car you wouldn't leave the mechanicals alone, you'd check them out while you had it all apart.  Compared with other prices the asking price is unrealistic, there is a restored TR2 (1955) on sale at the moment for £32k and it is in this country.

7 hours ago, Phil Read said:

These comments are not helpful. Would you like someone making comments like this about you?

Of course you are 100% correct Phil, no-one would like it, irrespective of how acurate the comments may be, it is bad form.

This happened quite a lot when the "Buy, Sell & Trade" adverts were on forum threads that people could comment on - and the negative comments about asking prices or the usefulness of such item often came from the same people who 'knew better'.

The adoption of Classifieds ads in the present form was, for this reason, a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Granted, each to his own of course regarding opinions!

Cheers

Bob

I agree with the how would you like it argument, while at the same time feeling I would want to be allowed to simply ask if that's not a high asking price, given what restored cars are fetching. This car is presented as very early, but there are signs of not so early. Said with no malice.

Ciao,

David

Says it`s a potential concours winner though.  Mind you so are all mine with enough money thrown at them.

Seems like the usual story, seen one for sale at that price and assumes they are all worth that much.

Ralph