Well,
“code red” today in some parts of the UK.

Good luck today. On the positive side that’s a good excuse to stay inside—in the garage with your TR.

Cheers,
Waldi

6 minutes ago, RogerH said:

I never did get round to making that kite - apparently they only cost 2d

Roger

I thought the 2d was for bags ?

Mick Richards

Ian: closing schools is probably a sensible precaution as trees will be brought down, lorries and vans have been blown over already, tiles and slates (and chimneys) may come off, and lots of debris will be flung about.  I cannot remember any previous RED Weather Warning, so best to play safe.

Our grandchildren's Primary School is closed.

I have tied all our wheelie bins together and have secured them to the wall of the house because they have a tendency to march themselves down the path in such conditions - Daleks!

Ian Cornish

Pretty rough down here too, funny that with all this wind all of the windmills around (And from the top of our yard you can see at least 30 dotted about) have stopped due to overspeed condition, so much for renewable energy.

Oh and my dogs dont care about the weather!

Stuart.

mum has reported that the higher ferry has stopped on the dart in devon and she is facing the full brunt.

welfare call due later. !!

9 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

It was bad on Wednesday night going over Thelwall Viaduct with my ex-long 16ft high trailer, should be fun tonight,

Mike redrose group 

2F16B8FD-69B5-4879-85C4-B07EED024DCA.jpeg

I take it when running empty you have the curtains rolled right forward then Mike? Ive seen a few on their sides up on the 74.

Stuart.

55 minutes ago, stuart said:

Pretty rough down here too, funny that with all this wind all of the windmills around (And from the top of our yard you can see at least 30 dotted about) have stopped due to overspeed condition, so much for renewable energy.

Oh and my dogs dont care about the weather!

Stuart.

The luck ones stopped, some weren't so strong...............................1972587035_WindTurbine.thumb.png.6ba13e237bc98bb4c2bc4b793f6c93e0.png

Hi Stuart, not with my job I go out fully loaded to the hub and then come back fully loaded so most of the time I’m running at 44 ton, but when it’s windy it still moves about. If the other lads with the standard trailers are empty they travel with curtains strapped at the back end. But then have to be careful that the wind doesn’t get under the roof and rip it off ( only very thin alloy with pot rivets ) they are very flimsy when the curtains are not closed as we don’t have central bars to hold the roof up in the middle now all part of less weight more goods.

Mike redrose group 

46 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

Hi Stuart, not with my job I go out fully loaded to the hub and then come back fully loaded so most of the time I’m running at 44 ton, but when it’s windy it still moves about. If the other lads with the standard trailers are empty they travel with curtains strapped at the back end. But then have to be careful that the wind doesn’t get under the roof and rip it off ( only very thin alloy with pot rivets ) they are very flimsy when the curtains are not closed as we don’t have central bars to hold the roof up in the middle now all part of less weight more goods.

Mike redrose group 

Know the feeling Mike, few years ago I used to double drive with one of my friends when he was really busy to help him out and coming down from Fraserburgh right on the weight at 44t full of frozen mackerel in a fridge I was in the inside lane and the back of the trailer was in the middle lane with the wind!

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
8 minutes ago, ntc said:

Spring day here bit windy Michael Fish all is forgiven I agree the world’s gone mad

Not down here, its currently snowing sideways.

Stuart.