Front brake pipe routing TR4

Hello,

Does anybody have a photo of the routing of the front brake pipes from the chassis mounted 4 way connector please.

PO replaced brake pipes but has made a complete mess which just looks wrong.

Many thanks

David

Thank you for your trouble.  I had looked at that post but it is for a TR4A and the routing around the suspension turrets is different to the TR4 (as are the turrets for that matter)

However, what I did notice on the "Triumph Experience" link is that there is an surprisingly long run of tube around the turret that has no support other than terminations at either end. 

David

Hi David,

If others cannot help you, you may be OK looking at TR3A posts?  Sorry but I do not have any of my own.

Don Elliot here - https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/56322-brake-restrictor-valve/

together with https://www.tr-register.co.uk/rebuilders-diary/2015/09/0030/1960-TR3A-Restoration-Brake-Lines

and another from triumphexp:

image.png.f9d6a4f9fb156af97798d4167bf734af.png 

MKTR,

Thank you once again.

The picture you posted and those on the links have answered my question.

David

Hi Folks,

A helpful conversation. But can you help me with something else please? I ordered two new front flexible hoses part no. GBH206 for my TR4 which when fitted seemed short to me. When I compared them with the old hoses I had take off the new ones are indeed a good inch and a half shorter.

The part numbers all seem to check out fine so I am a bit confused as to which is the right hose length although as mentioned the new ones do look short when the wheel turned from lock to lock i.e. the hoses seem to pull.

All thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Thanks Robert  

12 hours ago, rjs993 said:

Hi Folks,

A helpful conversation. But can you help me with something else please? I ordered two new front flexible hoses part no. GBH206 for my TR4 which when fitted seemed short to me. When I compared them with the old hoses I had take off the new ones are indeed a good inch and a half shorter.

The part numbers all seem to check out fine so I am a bit confused as to which is the right hose length although as mentioned the new ones do look short when the wheel turned from lock to lock i.e. the hoses seem to pull.

All thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Thanks Robert  

If theyre too short then dont fit them and send them back, where did they come from.?

Stuart.

1 hour ago, rjs993 said:

The hoses came from Rimmer. I will give them a call today. 

Im afraid thats just typical of them hence why I will never buy from them.

Stuart.