Gearbox conversion

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

I’m trying to find if anyone has experience of, or comments on the Moss 5 speed gearbox conversion. The latest version is Mazda based but thoughts on the Ford based would help too.

Thanks

Col

Sorry, I should have added that this relates to a 1958 TR3A

Edited by CGP
33 minutes ago, CGP said:

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

I’m trying to find if anyone has experience of, or comments on the Moss 5 speed gearbox conversion. The latest version is Mazda based but thoughts on the Ford based would help too.

Thanks

Col

Sorry, I should have added that this relates to a 1958 TR3A

Why would you? Cost of the conversion is more expensive than buying an overdrive box which would make a lot of difference to resale value plus nicer to use.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. The car is in South Africa and I just maintain it for the owner. It’s a balance between reliability, maintaining, the drive, etc, which is why I thought it best to post the question here. Access to spares and the like generates a few issues

Col

Nice car, strange front bumper.

Is that standard fitting on South African TR3s, or has something from a different vehicle been adapted.

Ralph

PS. I like my saloon 4 syncro box with O/D on 3rd and 4th. Great for overtaking, snick into 3rd , pull out to overtake, into O/D and get another burst of acceleration without lifting off.

Edited by Ralph Whitaker