Engine down and out going solo

Hi all,

Just thought I would mention here for others who may get stuck with no engine hoist, tight garage and getting on a bit age wise. Lost all my oil pressure so a crankshaft regrind became necessary. Car in small garage and no access to a hoist.

You can get your engine out on your own with no hoist.  I know it is easier to take the whole lot out with a hoist but I did not have that luxury or the room.

I stripped it down in situ, gearbox back, front plate off, car up on very sturdy stands and dropped the block out the bottom of the car.

Got crank reground, all new shells and tis back in ok. Might help anybody contemplating the same, you need to be fairly fit and flexible though.

RobG

Nope, not dangerous, I had multiple backups all the way. Even axle stands had a backup.

Used some tips from the Egyptian pyramids, the block was rolled out on metal tubes, easy peasy.