TR3 in old video game

Came across this very old video/game whilst looking for other racing tr’s

didnt know it existed 

ha ha

look how gaming programming has advanced into full world wide SIM  racing  

The TR3 perhaps very well indeed - well sorted motor, and an interesting drive.

A pity that Rich perpetuates the folk story that the TR shares its engine with the Fergie - it does not.  The TR engine is derived from that of the Standard Vanguard - there are similarities in all 3 engines, but few in the case of the Fergie (apart from the crankshaft and wet liner construction).  See my 2-part article in TR Actions 241 & 242 (March & May 2010) for the real story.

Ian Cornish

17 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Great game, much more advanced than anything I ever played with.

Reminded me of some of Hamish's hill climb videos :ph34r:

Bob.

good job i don't do circuits and have other cars on track at the same time B)

35 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Where did you find that game, I would not mind having a go 

Bob

Presume you mean Deggers game ?!

Hi Bob, if you mean the "ride along" video, it is taken from a video game called "Forza Horizon 4" : an open world racing game developed for the Xbox One.

To play it, you'll need an Xbox One games console (the expensive thing at the top of every child's Christmas list!) :D Previous games in the Forza Horizon series were set in America, France, Italy and Australia. Forza Horizon 4, is set in the UK. 

This trailer, made entirely from actual in-game footage, is a good example of just how impressive the graphics have become. 

Deggers

47 minutes ago, Lebro said:

No, I don't have Xbox, or playstation or any such like devices, just a PC. I meant the one Hamish found

Bob.

Sorry Bob just a video that came up on YouTube It suggests its from 12 years ago. 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, Lebro said:

Where did you find that game, I would not mind having a go

Bob,

Here may be a starting place to finding a copy. It does say "Windows" so it may still work if you have an older OS.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/classic-car-racing

Charlie

A nice birthday weekend...  leaving me equipped with an Xbox and the necessary gubbins to show up how rubbish my driving is compared with the 20-somethings. Sadly no TRs featured in Dirt Rally 2.0 but I've started on a Mini Cooper and a lovely Lancia Fulvia HF. Not sure if it'll improve my real-world TC section times (although it's a lot cheaper when you prang the car on screen) but anyway I gather there's some recent research that says an hour a day on a vid game helps oldies to maintain at least some of our cognitive capacities... :D

image.png.a0166b3f8716159da732ebfc18517e64.png

Many happy returns Nigel…………

My boys got some sort of version years ago and again no TR…. However, they did have a pristine Lotus Elan Sprint the same colour and spec as mine….. when I sat down to show them how it should be done, the technology told me I was not qualified to drive that model?! ….. Got to start with a Nissan Micra or similar….. (and then the dog knocked the box over.. so we will never know..

Agree with Bob…..’on paper’ well driven side screen TR would see off everything on that particular grid…. MG should rapidly disappear into rear view mirror (what is the other ‘Noddy car"? ) Morgan, as ever, would provide some competition if in the right hands and set-up! ;)

Looking forward to someone tracking that game down….. (no pressure Hamish .. Deggers……)