Hoping for advice and tips on fitting the lower seal -lower frame to scuttle-on my pre 60000 3A. I have got the new seal in the T slot along the bottom frame and my old seal was just cut off at that position, However, the side stanchion inner faces have a channel  that looks as if  it is to take  the seal and thus attempt to continue it around the the curve of the scuttle and thus form a seal between the scuttle and the bottom of the stanchion. Firstly ,am I right about this ,and if so ,how do you  do it? I can see I might do it by "cutting and shutting" but I am reluctant to do this without higher wisdom.

The side stanchions have a slot that originally had a small separate bit of sealer in, they never survive, I use a little bit of Dumdum in there , the lower seal should finish by being held in by two little plates screwed to the lower inner face of the stanchion like this.

Stuart.

TS 1013 036.jpg

Many thanks both of you. I had assumed that you had to get a continuous length of the seal to go around and into the slot in the bottom of the stanchion. As I understand it I can now legitimately use separate pieces on each side and cut the main seal off at the small tabs - which I have fitted- as per your photo Stuart. Great and glad that I sought the greater wisdom.