Did mine in POR15 satin black behind silver painted wires. Look good and seem to be unmarked so far after 1500 miles.

Tim

Hi John,

if you paint them however, please not the surface where the wire wheel adapters are bolted on (or the steel / alu wheel).

The paint can’t stand the pressure, moves and the adapter becomes slack one day.

This happend to me on the brake drums and the brake discs because the previous owner painted EVERYTHING.

Paint on the brake disc flange…

P1140692-b.JPG.e615687367c233ae9ecb7f397258980c.JPG

Reliable tight again after removing all paint…

P1140698-b.JPG.5171aefb6260f52eb2b049bfa9d522ab.JPG

There are LOTS of surfaces on cars you must not paint,

for example all "connecting surfaces" from the brake calipers to the vertical link,

also the cylinder head to the engine block :lol:

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

I have seen red coach enamel used on brake drums and it has burnt black in places from the heat generated by the brakes.   So that is not a good option.    I used VHT and it lasted fine.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
26 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Does VHT cure correctly/completely on the brakes as it needs a high temperature to cure - eg exhaust manifold.

Roger

I stand them in front of the workshop space heater to cure off, works a treat

Stuart.

I did mine with this :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223830110143

So far, so good, doesnt seem to suffer, and comes clean with a wipe.

Seems to contain more pigment than many paints, so doesnt need 'ladling on'.

Oh, and to echo Marco's comments, dont paint the 'working'/mating' inside surfaces.........!!

Mine - late 3A - were maroonish red colour fitted from new, I repainted same colour (nope, definitely not concours but very much original) when I refurbished them a few years ago…….

Must not be driving hard enough anymore as I don’t recall the paint having any particular flame proofing characteristics B)

Hi John

The Tin I have got is Granville Cylinder black high temperature paint.  You paint it on,  leave overnight and says normal engine heat will cure.  Which using your oven to cure the V.H.T paint on your brake drums would probably be better !!! Just make sure D is out !!!!!!:D

MARK