• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:17 AM, stuart said:

If you look at my picture you can see its offset to the right to clear.

010 (2).JPG

Did you use a right angle fitting for the coolant hose fittings. With the standard fitting that came with the heater I don't have enough room behind the heater for the hoses.

6 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Did you use a right angle fitting for the coolant hose fittings. With the standard fitting that came with the heater I don't have enough room behind the heater for the hoses.

Are you using right angle ended heater hoses?

My friend just had this issue with the regular straight hose so he fixed it with right angle ended hoses.   He used two 105176 hoses  which go from the engine to the bulkhead and coupled them to his existing straight hoses with simple metal connectors and clips.

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Are you using right angle ended heater hoses?

My friend just had this issue with the regular straight hose so he fixed it with right angle ended hoses.   He used two 105176 hoses  which go from the engine to the bulkhead and coupled them to his existing straight hoses with simple metal connectors and clips.

image.jpeg

Good idea.

12 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Why not use the remade standard right angle hoses that go from the heater to the bulkhead which are longer ?

602057Z (moss)  or 602057X (rimmers)

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-602057

Bob

Also a good idea Bob. I have a largish order for a few of us with Moss. They don't have a picture for the hose, I assume it is right angled at one end and long enough to go from the heater to the firewall?

40 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Why not use the remade standard right angle hoses that go from the heater to the bulkhead which are longer ?

602057Z (moss)  or 602057X (rimmers)

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-602057

Bob

Thats what I use also from TR Shop as I wont buy from Rimmers, the hoses are as per original with the right angle so fit great. You can see them hanging down here ready for fitment to the bulkhead connectors.

Stuart.

010 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, John McCormack said:

Also a good idea Bob. I have a largish order for a few of us with Moss. They don't have a picture for the hose, I assume it is right angled at one end and long enough to go from the heater to the firewall?

Yes 602057 is what I put in the catalogue for Moss.

Problem I recall was they got stupidly expensive.

My suggestion was based on what you might have locally, as you cannot just 'pop out' to the likes of Moss from Oz.  Maybe your local car care stores would stock a length of 1/2" bore hose with a right angles end.

Cheers

Peter W

12 hours ago, Lebro said:

If it is the same as the rimmers one, yes, probably wise to check. mine came from the TR shop, I expect they are all the same.

Bob

Moss answered my query within hours. I'll include two of these in our Moss order.

Thanks all for the advice.

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Yes 602057 is what I put in the catalogue for Moss.

Problem I recall was they got stupidly expensive.

My suggestion was based on what you might have locally, as you cannot just 'pop out' to the likes of Moss from Oz.  Maybe your local car care stores would stock a length of 1/2" bore hose with a right angles end.

Cheers

Peter W

I have a brand new one of these 602057 from Moss which I have no use for. I don't want any money for it but can't bring myself to throw it away.

I also have a set of 5 fixing bolts for the hardtop which I didn't get round to using before selling my TR3A.

Who should I send them to? Contact me t.knight3 at hotmail.co.uk

best

Terry

5 hours ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

I think I have a usable heater/core sat on the shelf.  Not sure how you'd get it to Oz for a reasonable price?

If it is in good condition and you can get it pressure tested, I'd happily pay the freight to Australia.

How much do you want for it? Can you send me some close-up photos?

Thank you.

Hi John,

I will get it off the shelf this weekend and take some photos.  I know it doesn't leak as it was working when I removed it from the car about 3y ago.  Make a donation to the RSL and its yours - I will look into freight options and get back to you.

Laurence

13 hours ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

Hi John,

I will get it off the shelf this weekend and take some photos.  I know it doesn't leak as it was working when I removed it from the car about 3y ago.  Make a donation to the RSL and its yours - I will look into freight options and get back to you.

Laurence

Thanks Laurence. As a 27 year Navy veteran I can fulfil your wishes.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:15 AM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

...They require a fitting kit...

Mark Macy of Macy's Garage here in the US midwest does a T7 heater and fitting kit, too.  Part number MCY403.  US$270 as of this writing.  The issue for this group is that after an number of difficult experiences, Mark doesn't ship internationally.  But if you're over here on holiday, I guess... :D

https://macysgarage.com/parts-accessories.htm

Just decided my T7 heater needed a lower central outlet 

Bought the Louvre from T7 and pierced a 68 mm hole in the blanking plate to accept it.

Also made a couple of plastic extenders for the side vents so they would fully open and swivel.

424EA6EA-EA05-4DD2-B720-4A802973F3C4.jpeg

EB23085A-0B7B-489A-B2F8-5D08640CB6AB.jpeg

F5A62BA5-B771-462C-A416-C1A3095D8E31.jpeg

EF2F80C0-49E2-40D4-BAFB-1172E52B594A.jpeg

D8D653A0-4154-4D8F-9DD7-43726A06ACB4.jpeg

9D35DFA2-29D9-4871-8961-FB2C1E3CFCDD.jpeg

D9F0DAF8-5BD5-43B6-97F9-129A8C7DBBE2.jpeg

John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but please see attached photos of my heater core.  I need to remove the fan motor but hopefully it gives you enough to go on.  Let me know whether you want to proceed, no worries if its not up to muster for your immaculate car. :D  Cant compete with your 27y, only did 14y myself.  I have a good oppo who was RAN, served on the Vampire's last commission.  Hopefully, get to have run ashore again now that he can travel. last

Best wishes, Laurence

IMG-2114.JPG

IMG-2115.JPG

IMG-2116.JPG

IMG-2117.JPG

8 hours ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but please see attached photos of my heater core.  I need to remove the fan motor but hopefully it gives you enough to go on.  Let me know whether you want to proceed, no worries if its not up to muster for your immaculate car. :D  Cant compete with your 27y, only did 14y myself.  I have a good oppo who was RAN, served on the Vampire's last commission.  Hopefully, get to have run ashore again now that he can travel. last

Best wishes, Laurence

IMG-2114.JPG

IMG-2115.JPG

IMG-2116.JPG

IMG-2117.JPG

Hi Laurence, I've sent you a private message. Cheers John