Fittings hardtop

Hi All.

Looking to fit my new hardtop, slightly confused by the two spacers that fit through the windscreen frame.

they look like they drop in from the top but on the illustration they appear to be under the Ali cap ?

number 34 on the Moss website.

Cheers Mark.IMG_3964.thumb.PNG.9436afef357d2b73e1674c98bdb4d078.PNG

On my HT there are glued between the wide rubber and the HT. They serve as anti-crushing bushes for the wind screen frame.

Waldi

Now I am equally confused because the same part number (Moss item 43 part number 613508) on the 4A seems to fit from underneath on the Surrey hard top. I drove for years without this spacer. I then bought a couple and still can't figure out how they should fit.

Keith

I think on the TR6 their sole purpose is to avoid pulling out the 2 captive nut in case the special round headed bolts are tightened too much through the wind screen frame.

I do not know the TR4 design.

Waldi

6 minutes ago, Richard Baines said:

Waldi is correct, same design on the late Spitfires. On that car people have found the bolts can end up putting a dimple in the hard top sheet metal if the top hat spacers aren't used, imagine the TR6 is the same.

Agree.

Going downwards it goes. Hardtop, spacer, seal, aluminium capping, screen frame, plastic trim on screen frame, plain washer, bolt up through the whole lot into the captive nut in the hardtop.  Original bolts are cone pointed to help starting in the hardtop thread and black phosphate finished.