Gearbox suport

Having to reinstall the gearbox soon, I thought i would check  the fittings etc, it was noted that the  rubber has come a drift from the rear gearbox

Support, it seems that they get oil on them and they part company from the steel bracket, is there an upgraded version,,has anybody got an answer to this 

Regards pink 

You can get harder versions. 
the PO of my car wrapped the mount in some hefty plastic (bag).

best to sort the leak I guess. 

As Hamish has stated there are updated ones which are harder from different suppliers.   We have found the Moss ones to be very hard and transfer vibration.   
Wrap in cling film or heavy plastic to keep the oil out…..till it gets in and cannot get out 

My trick once was to fill the void in the gearbox mount with polyurethane sealer.   Little bit at a time.   Gives a stick on flexible addition and increases the hardness a bit.   A better thing would be two part potting like Thiokol PR1440 A or B.  If you worked in the aircraft industry it was almost everywhere as a sealer.  Cost about £40 for 100 ml.

https://www.lasaero.com/products/article/F021G4SJV

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT