She's back and looking young again!

Evening all

Nice surprise this evening the car is back from the paint shop after 6 months. Raptor inside and underneath so looks a bit like satin finish. Front wings loose fitted, rears bolted up and the gaps look good.

Very pleased just the bonnet to arrive tomorrow. The finish is like glass keeping it that way I suspect will be a challenge! Need to sit down now and figure out where to start as I've no reference to how it came apart as she arrived mostly in box's and I lost a lot of pics on a failed hard drive :angry:. So I was thinking wiper wheel box's, wiring loom, heater, Steering column and dash.

No doubt over the coming months lots of questions are coming your way folks!!

Andy

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

That's looking awesome! I don't know if you've seen a video channel on YouTube called cheftush? But he's rebuilt a number of TR's, and a recent one was a TR250, might be a good resource.

Gareth

Excellent Andy!
It’s a mile stone.

I started like you suggest as well with wiper boxes, wiring and then heater. 

Enjoy,
Waldi

Brilliant Mate, looking good and knowing how much work that you have put into her,  massive congratulations. 

Now is the fun part !

Conrad.

I would also highly recommend Elin Yakov's Rusty Beauties on YouTube. There are literally hundreds of videos about TR6 rebuilds he has done from the ground up, and he has given me the confidence to tackle my car later this year. He does everything except the paint job (not a problem for you), including rebuilding the engine, gearbox, overdrive and fixing bodywork, chassis and electrics. The only downside is that he's based in Canada, so no coverage of the PI system.

I have no affiliation with Elin and don't know him, I just have a deep respect for what he does for free.

This is the link to his playlist: Rusty Beauties

Cheers, Robert

41 minutes ago, rwest said:

I would also highly recommend Elin Yakov's Rusty Beauties on YouTube. There are literally hundreds of videos about TR6 rebuilds he has done from the ground up, and he has given me the confidence to tackle my car later this year. He does everything except the paint job (not a problem for you), including rebuilding the engine, gearbox, overdrive and fixing bodywork, chassis and electrics. The only downside is that he's based in Canada, so no coverage of the PI system.

I have no affiliation with Elin and don't know him, I just have a deep respect for what he does for free.

This is the link to his playlist: Rusty Beauties

Cheers, Robert

I too have viewed many of Elin's youtube offerings and you are right, after watching him and what he does along with his normal comment of " some body filler will fix that " it certainly helps the viewers confidence that they can at least carry out bodywork repairs to the same standard. !

I often wonder if anybody who buys one of those cars realises what he has done to it, he must have an ace bodyshop completing the painting.

Mick Richards  

Andy you’ve transformed that car, well done it looks fabulous.  I note you mention you did the underside in Raptor, what about the chassis?

4 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I too have viewed many of Elin's youtube offerings and you are right, after watching him and what he does along with his normal comment of " some body filler will fix that " it certainly helps the viewers confidence that they can at least carry out bodywork repairs to the same standard. !

I often wonder if anybody who buys one of those cars realises what he has done to it, he must have an ace bodyshop completing the painting.

Mick Richards  

To be fair to Elin, only the hidden parts have anything more than a millimetre of filler on (certainly on his later rebuilds), and he often shows the great big lumps that PO's have chucked on the car. The external bodywork is as close to perfect as a he can do, and it's a very skilled sheet metal worker that can produce a join that needs no filler at all. 

Cheers, Robert

Thanks folks

Elin, cheftush, Ed, Stuart, Roger and a lot of folk have been instrumental in helping me get to this stage and a process I've really enjoyed along the way as this is the deepest I've delved into a full restoration. For me the restoration process especially the body work learning how to improve my welding, lead load (Stuart) is just as much fun as the driving afterwards and it won't be the last project once I have finished this one and have more time.

TRier the chassis was painted with three coats POR 15 Chassis black.

Andy