When 4VC was rebuilt in 1990-1993, Revington applied Corroless to the chassis.  Because the Works always used white paint on the chassis in order more easily to spot cracks and damage, white Corroless was used.

It has stood up to 28 years of use very well indeed, seeming to resist damage from flying stones and abrasion from branches and other rubbish.

When - occasionally - I wash off accumulated oily and road muck from the chassis, it comes up almost as good as new, especially if I use some paraffin or petrol to finish the job.

I believe Corroless is a 2-part process, but have not investigated.

Ian Cornish

• 5 weeks later...

I used "Cobra",("Raptor" is another brand) which is a two-pack finish for pickup/ truck beds. Spray on with Schutz gun (good quality one with air control for best results) looks good, sets rock hard, doesn't chip.  My son has used it in his business on dozens of Land Rover chassis without any problems.

David

Edited by Ukmax
corrected typo