Mr Djokavic

2 minutes ago, Hamish said:

i wonder if the typical 3 year ban will be instigated.

Indeed - it will be interesting to see if that is applied (although successfully reapplying for a visa - without the glare of the worlds media - is relatively common)

We should be humbly grateful to Andrew Ashton, for copy not one but TWO opinion articles from the Spectator onto this message board.  

Next time, Andrew, just post a link, please!

52 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Vaccination does prevent severity of C-19 in an individual but does not reduce spread between individuals. Governments inlcuding Oz are deluded into thinking that vaccines prevent omicron spreading, they do not. From alpha variant onwards the virus has been using its capsid proteins to defeat our innate immune defnces in all cells lining airways. Our innate defences are impaored by deficiency of D3. The Djokovic fiasso is based upon government misunderstanding of how the virus spreads. Pro tennis players are likely to have excellent D3 status and to not allowing the virus to amplify itself in their airways. I look forward to him suing the Oz govt.  Super athletes employ medics who are tuned in to D3  due to its legality and known benefits to mood, muscle power, wound healing, respiraotry infections etc. If Djokovitz sues on that basis iit could benefit us all by bringing D3 for C-19 to centre stage.

No mention that Jokeovic is advocating VitD, so the advantage to your school of thought is minimal, Peter.

Why "Pro tennis players are likely to have excellent D3 status" is unlikely , unless they swallow the story the pills.     We already have heard of epidemics in the tropical zone, for instance Amazonia, where the population is not so black, get more than enough sunshine, so their time on court in shorts and T-shirt doesnt count.

John, I would, if I could, unfortunately it is behind a paywall so I think my only option is copy and paste, happy to be educated if I am wrong, cheers, Andrew

19 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

No mention that Jokeovic is advocating VitD, so the advantage to your school of thought is minimal, Peter.

Why "Pro tennis players are likely to have excellent D3 status" is unlikely , unless they swallow the story the pills.     We already have heard of epidemics in the tropical zone, for instance Amazonia, where the population is not so black, get more than enough sunshine, so their time on court in shorts and T-shirt doesnt count.

I noticed a lot of articles about D3 from authors with a background in sports science. So I'd be very surprised if medics looking after top rank athletes are as ignorant about D3 bnefits to health as most in NHS appear to be. When every legal competitive edge matters I doubt Djokovic broadcasts his D3 status. However his team may well have expert medical knowledge about D3/C-19 that his lawyers can now use to sue the Oz government. 

Amazonia is unusual, especially compared with similar sunny latitudes in Africa eg Kenya where C-19 excess deaths barely register. However Amazonia has much more per capita sales of glass and air-con compared with sub-Sahara Africa, opening up the possibiltiy that Amaazonia C-19 deaths are predominantly iin the wealthier with ability to avoid the sun.

38 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

However his team may well have expert medical knowledge about D3/C-19 that his lawyers can now use to sue the Oz government. 

I hope even top sports people and their families and management team 

get the hint and know when to give up. 

41 minutes ago, Hamish said:

I hope even top sports people and their families and management team 

get the hint and know when to give up. 

Its in our interests they don't give up.

1 hour ago, Peter Cobbold said:

I noticed a lot of articles about D3 from authors with a background in sports science. So I'd be very surprised if medics looking after top rank athletes are as ignorant about D3 bnefits to health as most in NHS appear to be. When every legal competitive edge matters I doubt Djokovic broadcasts his D3 status. However his team may well have expert medical knowledge about D3/C-19 that his lawyers can now use to sue the Oz government. 

Given Djokavic's batshit ideas about all kinds of health-related stuff (including gluten intolerance diagnosed by holding a piece of bread against his stomach, and his belief that water molecules are modified by emotions), which he willingly broadcasts, I somehow doubt he'd be coy about what supplements he takes if any. As far as his team is concerned, he no doubt retains people happy to pander to his personal beliefs.

Nigel

1 hour ago, Bleednipple said:

Given Djokavic's batshit ideas about all kinds of health-related stuff (including gluten intolerance diagnosed by holding a piece of bread against his stomach, and his belief that water molecules are modified by emotions), which he willingly broadcasts, I somehow doubt he'd be coy about what supplements he takes if any. As far as his team is concerned, he no doubt retains people happy to pander to his personal beliefs.

Nigel

Tactics designed to put his oppos off the scent. While they all place bread on thei stomachs, he takes D3. That's competition tactics ...

Multiple choice question.  Choose which is the false statement:

1/ The people in the Tropics don't go out in the sunshine, so they don't get high D3 levels. 

2/Jokeovic isn't a healthnut, he's a devious, double-bluffer, who says crazy things to fool his opponents.

3/ VitD is a cure for Covid, that world experts on viruses and medicine are ignoring, from ignorance or self interest.

Edited by john.r.davies
7 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

1/ The people in the Tropics don't go out in the sunshine, so they don't get high D3 levels. 

2/Jokeovic isn't a healthnut, he's a devious, double-bluffer, who says crazy things to fool his opponents.

3/ VitD is a cure for Covid, that world experts on viruses and medicine are ignoring, from ignorance or self interest.

:-)

1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

Time will tell who's right. D3 cant be dismissed off-hand for ever, science has a habit of always sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:17 PM, kiwican said:

If being deported counts as having a criminal record, the next time he goes to Oz he should have no problem gaining entry:)

Very good…… and, as I’m sure you are aware, guaranteed to have our Aussie cousins fully wound up…… Don’t ask me how I know..….…

Ah, alright then…… Many, many years ago I was in a taxi chatting happily enough until the cabbie happened to point out a nondescript house that he said Ronnie Biggs had lived in undetected for a number of years…… To which I mentioned something along the lines of maybe it was difficult to spot him amongst all the other convicts…….. Next thing I was out on the pavement of some suburb miles from where I wanted and needed to be?!