hi everyone,is there anyone who has purchased the upper steering shaft and steering rack conversion contact kit,the question i ask is on the back of the horn assembley do you remove the tube/pipe which the horn wiring loom travels through,at the moment as it stands the tube won,t insert into the upper shaft column,both items purchased from tr london,i.e.is it only there to protect the wires,

The stator tube isn't really there to protect the wires Phil, it's there to stop the hornbutton&indicator rotating with the wheel as it is clamped at the steering box end.  By changing to R&P you will have lost that clamping function anyway.  I haven't fitted one but I guess if the short stub won't fit in the new shaft you have no option but to remove it. 

Edited by RobH
added clarity

If you bought your R&P kit from TR shop, then they also sell a "Steering Rack Conversion Ring" so that you can retain your original horn and indicator assembly. I've no experience of this part, but give them a call. Not cheap though £174 - ouch!

Rob

3 hours ago, RobTR3 said:

If you bought your R&P kit from TR shop, then they also sell a "Steering Rack Conversion Ring" so that you can retain your original horn and indicator assembly. I've no experience of this part, but give them a call. Not cheap though £174 - ouch!

Rob

yes thats what i got got their r+p,upper shaft column, and conversion ring

2 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

The Tr Shop ‘Conversion Ring’ is almost certainly the Bastuck slip ring. It works, I have one on my car but they are quite tricky to fit and when I bought mine they didn’t come with English instructions. 

Rgds Ian

thats the one !!!lol guten tag mine friend!!!!! lol,but lucky enough to get the english translation as well,did you have to remove the tube from the rear of horn assembly,did you use your old column shaft,or their shaft!!!

On 1/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, phil farnden said:

thats the one !!!lol guten tag mine friend!!!!! lol,but lucky enough to get the english translation as well,did you have to remove the tube from the rear of horn assembly,did you use your old column shaft,or their shaft!!!

with regards the bastuck ring,which i have,do the rings with their corresponding wires go back on the nylon shaft in a certain order,i.e green/brown, brass ring first,brown/black brass ring second, etc,etc.the diagram i have is b/w!!! kind regards phil.

3 hours ago, phil farnden said:

with regards the bastuck ring,which i have,do the rings with their corresponding wires go back on the nylon shaft in a certain order,i.e green/brown, brass ring first,brown/black brass ring second, etc,etc.the diagram i have is b/w!!! kind regards phil.

I will have check later, I’m not at home at the moment.

Rgds Ian

Hi Phil,

I've just checked and unfortunately all the photos in my instruction pack were in black & white as well.

If it is any help, running from the bottom (i.e. nearest the steering rack) the order in which I installed the rings was:

• RH indicators
  • LH Indicators
  • Power supply to the indicators
  • horn

Rgds Ian