Tr4a Dashtop Crash Pad

Hi all,

I am recovering all my crash pads with Skinners kits but dont have a dashtop pad as one didnt come on the car. Rather than buy a new one only to cover it has anyone got a fairly decent one thay have removed - it doesnt matter if slighlty damaged as going to cover it anyway.

2 hours ago, dave@racketplay.co.uk said:

Hi all,

I am recovering all my crash pads with Skinners kits but dont have a dashtop pad as one didnt come on the car. Rather than buy a new one only to cover it has anyone got a fairly decent one thay have removed - it doesnt matter if slighlty damaged as going to cover it anyway.

Which kit have you gone for? The leather one? How is he fit and ease of application. I'm considering their kit for part of my interior.

Thanks

I'm just ordering now - samples of the leather and Vinyl are on the way - my gut feel is I will go with Vinyl for everything and leather faced seats. I will go with stiched covers for the crash pads as will fit better and I really like the look - its not original but i'm doing what i like on the car. I f you wait a few weeks I can let you know how easy it was.

Thanks Dave, that's my next job, seats out, windscreen out, frame off, frame repaired and re-painted, new screen, dash top and all pads and interior replaced. A little bit at a time for me as I want to keep using the car in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a used dashtop pad as mine is missing. Happy to recover one as I have the vinyl so if anyone has one sitting around please PM with a suggested cost.

Thanks

RobG

Not wishing to hijack the thread, I'm looking to find a kit for re-covering the grab handle, or a replacement. I only seem to find lhd ones

Andy