Spares Day at Telford, Postponed.

Big disappointment. Ridiculous decision when Pubs, Night Clubs, Restaurants, Sporting Events are all functioning. We cannot spend the rest of our lives hiding under the bed, wear a mask and take sensible precautions this virus will be with us for a long time to come

Cheers Chris

With cases falling, hospital admissions levelling off and every other sector open for business I fail to see the reason to postpone this event. 

About time people wised up to the fact its now an endemic disease here to stay like annual flue and learn to live with it. As said take reasonable steps which should be the norm anyway namely vaccination (or forfeit NHS treatment), wash your hands and wear a mask which should be the case if you have normal colds and get on with life. I feel the media have a lot to answer for driving the present mania along with those making vast sums of money on the back of this.

Theres more people dying of disease unrelated to COVID as a result as they can't access treatment a situation that's likely to increase due to delays in diagnosis.

Parts list growing!

Andy

I had booked a stand, was all set to go. Now have cancelled the Hotel,  and the thought of a night out with the Tr lads !

Send me your parts lists lads, if you think i can help .

Cheers,  

Conrad.

I imagine that the organisers of any such event judge the likely number of attendees from bookings in advance.

If advance bookings are low, then, if I were in their shoes, I would cancel or postpone - which is what they have done (although I am not party to their reasons).

I feel sorry for stallholders, like Conrad, who have made bookings, prepared their wares, and now are deprived of a selling opportunity.

I Googled to get an idea of the distance, time and possible routes, and had decided not to bother - too much hassle and I am in need of any parts.  Stoneleigh is OK for me, although it has been rather muddy on some occasions in the past - better more recently.

Ian Cornish

I googled the time/distance to get there 4h 8 mins! If I left the week before, with the M25 in between I might stand a chance of getting there. Tbh wherever I go it seems to be a long journey.

Out of interest, is there anyone who has an even longer journey within the UK to get there? 

Kevin

19 minutes ago, boxofbits said:

Out of interest, is there anyone who has an even longer journey within the UK to get there? 

Kevin

Yep me 4 hrs 11 min

Stuart.

Go in a TR… then nowhere’s far ( allegedly).

Mick Richards

Any developments on a new date yet for this, or ticket refunds info?

faced with losing a considerable amount on pre booked accomodation for the group,

be nice to know the ticket monies was safe.

John.

Hi John,  nothing from the Organisers as yet.

I managed to cancel My Hotel, without penalty. 

All the best,  

Conrad.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t applied for a refund, just holding the tickets for the rearranged event On the assumption I’ll be able to attend.

……… Andy 

I haven't asked for the Stand money back, hoping to use it for the rearranged event.

But you have reminded me to ask about doing this.

Conrad.