Heater cable not long enough?

I know its off-topic but I do not deal with Amazon at all. I did once and after a couple of months of Amazon withdrawals to my account I asked for clarity. Seems I had become a member of Amazon Prime ! What the hell? They re-imbursed me as I had not asked for it, seemingly if you do not tick a box you get Prime! Its not up to me to un-tick a hidden box if I am buying something surely! Very fly and cunning. Never dealt since!

Alan G

23 hours ago, stuart said:

Thats actually from the US so you may find theres import duty on top

Stuart.

I have just bought one through Amazon - it came from the US a couple of weeks ago and there was no duty to pay, arrived in the post, no probs. Don't like using Amazon either but not many other options on this one.

I just looped the end of the heater control wire around the post with a pair of pliers, easy.

45 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Rock Auto - a popular supplier in the USA - deliver direct to here.

Nut sure if the UK has an import tax agreement with the USA but duty would be pennies.

Roger

The duty situation can be a bit random as sometimes you get caught for it and other times you dont, but if you do and its in the post it maybe only pennies for the tax but the post office will charge you £8 for the privilege of them paying the tax and then collecting it off of you!

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this topic. I have noticed my heater knob hits the end stop before the valve is completely open or closed. Is it the bowden cable our the heater valve or a combination of both? Or even worse me.