How to hydrolock your engine : Step 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, john.r.davies said:

That's pretty deep, Chris.

Even more than you think, John : my house is above the road level, and at the lowest point, as in my barns, we had up to 2.40m of water and mud.

They can't be seen, but at that moment, a Mini, a Spitfire Mk3, a 2000 Mk2, a MGBGT, a Volvo 480 and a 740 Estate were parked on my drive, while about 40 others classic cars and bikes were also totalled in my barns behind my house. 

Edited by Chris59

It was the 7th of June 2007, I only hope it won't happen again. Never.

Loosing 43 cars and bikes in one shot is already awfull, but it's nothing compare to the fact that 2 of my daughters nearly lost life in the flood.

As me, but it's less important.

Edited by Chris59
On 1/6/2022 at 8:16 PM, ianc said:

In 2007, attempting to reach Malvern for the IWE, using my usual cross-country route,  I came across numerous vehicles, both big and small, which had come to grief. 

Eventually, I gave up the attempt somewhere near Worcester as the Severn was miles wide and I watched a Land Rover plough (successfully) through deep water in the dip in the road ahead of me. 

I turned round and took a different route home to Tring, skirting Birmingham.  Nine hours on the road, but 4VC never missed a beat and very little water got into the car.

Very frustrating, but I was safe and so was the car.

Ian Cornish

Malvern 2007 after a very difficult journey down the A49 trying every rout to get there ,all the roads were flooded as you can see not many other cars made it .

PICT1585-001.JPG

In 2007 I had only had my car for about 6 months and I made my first trip to Malvern. My wife and I stayed in Bristol overnight and in the morning drove up the Wye Valley and thence to Malvern with hardly any problems. We arrived at the Three Counties Showground at about 10:00 and I think they were so surprised to see us that they let us in for free. 

It was only when we were driving home the next day that we realised that we must have found the only dry route in. 

Rgds Ian