25 minutes ago, Woolfenden said:

For uk car, 1970 tr6 150bhp

They never fitted O rings to factory heads.

Stuart.

Yes , but why did they fit them to later heads. Or have I been given the wrong information.

I notice in the head gasket sets for later tr6 etc they come with o rings. Hence my question , 

Hate to put it together and some clever dickie, Harry Enfield comes to mind, you don't want to do it like that?

20 minutes ago, Woolfenden said:

Yes , but why did they fit them to later heads. Or have I been given the wrong information.

I notice in the head gasket sets for later tr6 etc they come with o rings. Hence my question , 

Hate to put it together and some clever dickie, Harry Enfield comes to mind, you don't want to do it like that?

As I said above they dont fit them at all. Where did you get the gasket set from as normal sets dont have them?

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
  • 2 weeks later...

The 6 pots did not have seals fitted from new.

Some have tried fitting O rings as used on some of the BMJ cars. Limited effect.

Witor sells bronze guides with a groove to retain a proper seal on the inlets. Work well.

Are they needed? If you fit an external rocker feed - probably as this puts a lot of oil up to the top end. 

If you fit standard guides with no additional rocker feed then no.