TR6 Dash top crash pad

Hi Folks

Bought a new dash top crash pad and tried to install and failed. I used trim/carpet contact adhesive but by the nature of the name it sticks at soon as it touches the opposite surface which has proved to be a nightmare as I couldn't get the vent holes and bolt holes to align prior to contact but the top and front had already made contact. 2 hours later after removing all the adhesive I'm ready to go again but I need a adhesive that doesn't instantly set so I have time to position correctly. Has anyone suggestions of a suitable "glue" that will be suitable that will allow sum movement prior to "going off"

Regards Rich

Hi Paul,

I'm sure you will get an assortment or replies.

My method on the TR4 & 4A is to position  the crash pad where you want it without the adhesive. Then sparingly attach it  with the adhesive.

You should need to glue the centre down that much - concentrate around the edges.

PS - make sure that the crash pad sits nicely over that captive nuts along the rear edge. I had to remove some foam on mine.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

You only need glue along the rear edge under the scuttle panel. The screen frame, the demist vents and the ashtray hold it down quite sufficiently.

Stuart.