I am about to remove the pedal box from the 3a to straighten the brake pedal (mine are LHD just swapped complete to the right), at the same time I could do the clutch pedal as that too has a different part no for LHD/RHD. I assume it must be a fairly subtle difference.

Has anyone got a picture of an original RHD pedal set so I can see what the difference is.

Thanks,

Ralph

This may not help buts one I have to show the difference between Lockheed and Girling pedal sets,

Stuart.

DSC04653.JPG

Edited by stuart
5 hours ago, stuart said:

This may not help buts one I have to show the difference between Lockheed and Girling pedal sets,

Stuart.

DSC04653.JPG

Actually very helpful.  Although these are from the back it is clear that the clutch pedal on the left hand set (Girling) is almost straight and the brake pedal cranked well over towards the throttle side, more so than I was expecting.  As the right hand set are more or less mirror image I presume they are a LHD set for Lockheed master cyl.

Compare with my pedal set and it is clear that apart from just straightening the brake pedal it needs to be cranked further over, and the clutch pedal also cranking more to the right although I don`t think I have enough room.  Are these pedal boxes possibly TR4?

Ralph

20211205_094917.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Actually very helpful.  Although these are from the back it is clear that the clutch pedal on the left hand set (Girling) is almost straight and the brake pedal cranked well over towards the throttle side, more so than I was expecting.  As the right hand set are more or less mirror image I presume they are a LHD set for Lockheed master cyl.

Compare with my pedal set and it is clear that apart from just straightening the brake pedal it needs to be cranked further over, and the clutch pedal also cranking more to the right although I don`t think I have enough room.  Are these pedal boxes possibly TR4?

Ralph

20211205_094917.jpg

The above sets in my pictures are TR2 and TR3A. From the looks of yours your brake pedal needs to be straightened more and then the clutch pedal just needs to come over far enough for your foot on the pedal to miss the dipswitch when you depress it all the way to the floor

Stuart.

Here is a genuine TR3 A  Note brake pedal is as good as straight down without sideways tilt 

RHD set fitted to a car I have owned since 1973.  So unlikely to be Left Hand Drive.

4E8E91A4-0149-4543-80CC-E4677BAAE79D.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

I

7 minutes ago, stuart said:

The above sets in my pictures are TR2 and TR3A. From the looks of yours your brake pedal needs to be straightened more and then the clutch pedal just needs to come over far enough for your foot on the pedal to miss the dipswitch when you depress it all the way to the floor

Stuart.

I think you are right, I`ve just been out measuring and I have 4 inches between the edges of the throttle and brake pedals, and only 2 inches between the edges of the clutch and brake. If I move the brake over by one and a quarter  inches and the clutch by half an inch it equals them out at 2-3/4 inches between each pedal. I have just drawn it out on a sheet of paper and there would seem to be plenty of room for my size nines.

Ralph

14 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Here is a genuine TR3 A  Note brake pedal is as good as straight down without sideways tilt 

RHD set fitted to a car I have owned since 1973.  So unlikely to be Left Hand Drive.

4E8E91A4-0149-4543-80CC-E4677BAAE79D.jpeg

Thanks Peter, your pic confirms  that the pedals all look about equal distance apart.  Now is it possible to just get the pedal off for modification, or do I need to remove the whole unit, and can it be done without disturbing the throttle mechanism ?

Ralph

26 minutes ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Thanks Peter, your pic confirms  that the pedals all look about equal distance apart.  Now is it possible to just get the pedal off for modification, or do I need to remove the whole unit, and can it be done without disturbing the throttle mechanism ?

Ralph

Simple to drop the 2 pedals without disturbing the loud pedal.   
Detatch m/c push rods from pedals by removing clevis pins.

undo 4 hex head bolts from below in foot well

remove 4 hex nuts from around the push rods of the m/c s from above.

Pedal assembly should fall in foot well.

Strip by removing the hex head bolt each end of pedal shaft to remove the cover.   

Check the state of the bushes in the pedals and the pedal shaft.   (Shaft is an imperial size - 5/8” I think)
Fit new bushes if required and shaft if it’s oval.   Pedals seize on the shaft in service.

Reassemble with lashings of lube on the pedal shaft.  Etc.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

As always ,a mine of information. Thanks for that, I will be on it tomorrow.

Ralph