& Another ‘New Game’: Can you name this car?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, Hamish said:

I always wanted a Ford GT 40

i got the Matt Damon Le Mans ‘66 film for Xmas to tide me over.

Hello Hamish

Take your pick of one of these some proper and some fakes!

Roger

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

DSC00687.JPG

13 hours ago, Dave McDonald said:

Even when John has turned it over the photo isn't the best, but my guess is a Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta, 1948 - 52, but the distinctive swage line along the car isn't very clear in the photo.

Dave McD

May be the slightly later spyder  version with the front wing vents (think 2 were the usual) and the rear wing/ tail vents. 

and yes any “classic” style GT40  would be just fine thanks. 

18 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

DSC00687.JPG

The driver (?) of the 40 on the right, standing while others fettle, has the same stance as Carl Swanson by Kastner's Candy Box Vitesse!

Expand the pic above to see what I mean.

Vitesse, Candy Box, Swanson.jpg

Edited by john.r.davies
21 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Hamish

Take your pick of one of these some proper and some fakes!

Roger

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

DSC00687.JPG

I love a GT40

but have been fortunate to have a go in a Lamborghini  Miura

you need the sound up at the start

Problem with these so-called "super cars" is that they are far too wide for our roads, as could be seen in the video.

A TR, being so much narrower, can squeeze through quite easily and is likely to get to the pub earlier.

Ian Cornish

• 8 months later...

The first one might be a Tatra.  The last one could be a Hindustan Ambassador.  The middle one could be a Fiat 600

Edited by RobH

Yes I was wondering about a Volvo but the PV444 had bulged wheel arches where this appears to be flat along the sides. 

I think these may all be locally-built versions of european cars. 

46 minutes ago, RobH said:

The last one could be a Hindustan Ambassador.

I don't know why but all of them made me think of India for some reason.

The white car under the the blue tarp at the back looks Mercedes. There were loads of American kit cars that were based on a certain Mercedes model in the 1970s that looked like that, so maybe not genuine.

At first I though the beetle-backed car was rear-engined but enhancing the picture shows no cooling slots, so probably not.  It definitely does not have wheel-arch bulges so not a Volvo.   A  Peugeot 203 is very similar indeed but again those have arch bulges. 

The middle one does look a bit like a 1960 Fiat Abarth 850 except for what may be cooling intakes on the rear side panels. The engine hatch does appear to be propped open slightly.