Hacked Facebook account

Just been talking to a scammer who has hacked long time member Geoff Mansfield Face book account.

He has been putting out for friends on Face book and I'd answered about 3 days ago and it came up again today so I answered again. After the initial "how are you " questions he entered into "have you been contacted by  DHHS  (Department of Health & Human Services) from the Federal Government trust fund Grant..." when I said no and asked why a US agency would be contacting us he launched into a pitch to encourage contacting them via an e mail (yeah right) and claim monies from them. All I had to do was make sure to contact him and he'd take me through it, I told him he was not even a good spammer and encouraged him to get a job.

But everybody should be aware if you have Geoff on your list any messages from his Facebook account should be treated with suspicion.

Mick Richards 

I work on the theory thaty most of the time even I am not interested in what I am doing let alone inflict that on others!

However I do have a facebook account which I set up when trying to track down a fellow member's daughter to to obtain some of their wedding photo's for a surprise photo cake.  Since that point I have been bombarded with dross from people I don't know but FB think I should!

I also unfortunately have a Facebook account. Set up originally because my daughter uses it a lot to post pics of her horse and her dog, sometimes the boyfriend, but mainly the horse and the dog. I have hundreds of notifications of people that know people that know people that know my daughter. All utterly pointless rubbish and I would shut it tomorrow, but it`s one way of keeping in touch with the daughter. If I want to comment on a picture though I always do it through normal text message.

Ralph

2 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

I work on the theory thaty most of the time even I am not interested in what I am doing let alone inflict that on others!

:D:D Me too Andy me Too. The problem you have to watch out for with our nearest and dearest posting on these sites is if they are showing photo's of themselves and friends at a party or restaurant (showing what they are eating, uhh) sometimes the credit card they are using is visible on the table! and every bit of info a scammer can get they will. Especially if its someones birthday which they again have now a date and age. It just goes on and on.

Paul

Pete Fenlon has been Hacked again via Facebook messenger so do not open any message via Facebook messenger from him. Be warned.

ps Facebook has some very educational and informative groups on it even about TRs. It’s the way you use it that counts, I first joined to keep up with my teenage sons movements must be over 20 years ago now.

Twitter on the other hand is rubbish.

Edited by SuzanneH
14 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

ps Facebook has some very educational and informative groups on it even about TRs. It’s the way you use it that counts, I first joined to keep up with my teenage sons movements must be over 20 years ago now.

Twitter on the other hand is rubbish.

Thats where we differ then Sue, I prefer my Twitter which I  have been on since the start but FB is awful and has very bad algorithms 

Stuart.