Interior Colour Combinations

Afternoon TR Folks,

I'm planning to upgrade my seats from the old '72 CP style with no head rests to a nice set of MX-5s.  Had considered a tan or biscuit colour as my car is red with the original black seats, black trim and carpets etc.

However, I'm now thinking of black seats, red trim, retain the black door cards etc but go for a red carpet or the matador red that John Skinners supply.  Any thoughts on that as a colour combo - ie would it be gross or would it work?  Working on the basis that I'm not the first person to consider that combo.......

5 minutes ago, Conradski said:

Afternoon TR Folks,

I'm planning to upgrade my seats from the old '72 CP style with no head rests to a nice set of MX-5s.  Had considered a tan or biscuit colour as my car is red with the original black seats, black trim and carpets etc.

However, I'm now thinking of black seats, red trim, retain the black door cards etc but go for a red carpet or the matador red that John Skinners supply.  Any thoughts on that as a colour combo - ie would it be gross or would it work?  Working on the basis that I'm not the first person to consider that combo.......

I buy this carpet in and get a good trimmer to make the carpets up to suit, its a much better quality carpet and you get a better job https://martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/product-details.php?productId=3128

Stuart.

4 minutes ago, stuart said:

I buy this carpet in and get a good trimmer to make the carpets up to suit, its a much better quality carpet and you get a better job https://martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/product-details.php?productId=3128

Stuart.

You source your quality items far and wide Stuart. 
they are a good company quite local to me. 
small independent knowledgeable good products. 

26 minutes ago, Hamish said:

You source your quality items far and wide Stuart. 
they are a good company quite local to me. 
small independent knowledgeable good products. 

Thats for a specific very high end resto, normally I would use TR Shop carpet sets which are good quality, fit properly and are well priced.

Stuart.

On 12/21/2021 at 4:01 PM, stuart said:

Stuart.

I've had carpet samples from both John Skinner and Martrim and I think they are identical, i.e. Skinners use Martrim materials. I'll be buying Martrim Superwool for my TR5 restoration and getting them made up by a local upholsterer.

I've already bought Martrim leather and had the local upholsterer recover my MX5 seats which I'm very pleased with. 

Dave McD

4 minutes ago, Dave McDonald said:

I've had carpet samples from both John Skinner and Martrim and I think they are identical, i.e. Skinners use Martrim materials. I'll be buying Martrim Superwool for my TR5 restoration and getting them made up by a local upholsterer.

I've already bought Martrim leather and had the local upholsterer recover my MX5 seats which I'm very pleased with. 

Dave McD

The carpet I bought from Martrim for the Italia was far superior to any supplied by Skinners.

Stuart.

5 minutes ago, stuart said:

The carpet I bought from Martrim for the Italia was far superior to any supplied by Skinners.

Stuart.

Stuart,

What Skinner supply as wool is, I think, what Martrim refer to as "Superwool."

Martrim sell Superwool at £43.00/m + VAT. That's what I intend to use in the TR5. They also sell Wilton Wool at £54.00/m + VAT. I suspect you went for the Wilton Wool option for the Italia?

Dave