"curved springs"?

Someone just posted on another forum "there was only a brief period when the TR range didn't steer at both ends? - The very last TR4s had the novelty of curved springs so the car would not attempt to fling you off the road if you lifted-off mid bend...". He stated later that there were only 311 RHD examples of the TR4 with this mod.

I don't know what he means by "curved springs" - does anyone know what he's talking about?

Pete

On 12/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, stillp said:

...if his TR4 used to "fling him off the road if you lifted off mid-bend" than I suspect there was something wrong with it...

Could well be the “Torque steering” that I had a while ago and mentioned in a thread at the time.

With the axle U-Bolts not tight enough the axle will move and give a steering effect when either accelerating or lifting off. It does give a sudden “Throwing” the car to one side. Quite scary until you realize what is going on.

You simply drive home and tighten up the bolts properly.

Charlie