So the production company have just emailed me to say the full episode of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars (TR4 Episode) will be screened on Quest (Sky) at 9pm on the 12th January 2022.

It will be interesting to see what you think of the "before & after" 

Regards Mark

9 minutes ago, marko said:

So the production company have just emailed me to say the full episode of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars (TR4 Episode) will be screened on Quest (Sky) at 9pm on the 12th January 2022.

It will be interesting to see what you think of the "before & after" 

Regards Mark

Seeing the "After" I much prefer the "Before"

Stuart.

Neil Revington has sent an email update that says he did a lot with this one 

reproduced without permission

RevingtonTR assists Curve Media in bringing a TR4 to your screens on Discovery Quest 12th January 2022. 

What seems like an eternity ago, before the world came to a grinding halt because of a new virus called Covid19, we had a strange call from a production company researcher enquiring whether a part we sold was compatible with another part from another supplier.

Details of its intended use were patchy, information wasnt very forthcoming and it took a lot of digging from Business Manager Matt before the fog started to clear and we could get to the bare bones of what they were trying to achieve. In short, what they were trying to do wasnt going to work with what they already had in mind.

After many phone calls, emails and head scratching we managed to put together a package that ticked all the boxes. The "client" was looking to fit a backlight frame, roll bar, perspex rear windowand roof panel and headliner to a TR4 that was going to be the star of an upcoming programme. A deal was struck and it was arranged that the car would be delivered to us to have the work completed. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.... or so we thought, then BOOM. Enter stage left, Covid.

The client was Curve Media, the production company behind the very successful Salvage Hunters Classic Cars on the Discovery Channel presented by Drew Pritchard and Paul Cowland.

As with all TV production, work stalled, but not for us at HQ as due to the facilities we have on site, our staff were able to completely socially distance in different workshops. Work continued and pretty soon the job had been completed, however, the project was in danger of stalling and being mothballed until the world was the right way up again. 

By this time, over cups of tea and a mutual love of old cars, we'd built up a very good relationship with key figures in the production company and bit by bit discussions were heading in the direction of us completing the entire build for them as their own workshops were closed.

This had never happened before and they were in new territory, eventually we shook hands, put the kettle on and got down to the nitty gritty of what they were trying to achieve. It was at this point Paul Cowland managed to wrestle the keys to 6VC out of Neils hands and give it a bit of a spirited drive around the lanes in the wet and mud!

Two things happened, firstly he talked himself into a full suspension kit, Neils favourite Blockley tyres, an underwing shield kit and an upgraded heater! Secondly he fell in love with the idea of wing vents. Then Neil unveiled the Zoom project to him.

The USP of the programme is to showcase artisan makers of parts manufactured for the car and luckily having been in the industry for 40+ years we know a few. Plans were hatched and you'll have to watch the programme to see how this progressed into the final product.

The show airs on Discovery Quest in the UK on January 12th at 9pm. Freeview channel 12, Freesat channel 167 and on Sky channel 144.

Our thanks go out to Curve Media, Paul Cowland and John Lakey for entrusting us with their vision and we hope you enjoy the show.

I supplied the original car to Curve Media (Salvage Hunters Classic Cars) - It was one of my local customer's cars and to be honest in pretty decent shape and very original with a low documented mileage.  

I will be interested to see what you think of the before and after.......:ph34r: The programme is quite interesting and the Revington bit was particularly good, especially the "Zoom" Project bit....

Marko - Classic Marks Sports Cars Ltd

I liked it better before they touched it and thought that it looked a bargain. 
After it wasn’t for me and seemed well overpriced although there would have been a big bill from Revington’s so they wouldn’t have made much, if anything on it. 
At the end of the day I supposed that they’re actually in the business of making a tv program rather than a car. 
I did enjoy the program so they did a good job. 

Edited by Drewmotty
4 hours ago, marko said:

I supplied the original car to Curve Media (Salvage Hunters Classic Cars) - It was one of my local customer's cars and to be honest in pretty decent shape and very original with a low documented mileage.  

I will be interested to see what you think of the before and after.......:ph34r: The programme is quite interesting and the Revington bit was particularly good, especially the "Zoom" Project bit....

Marko - Classic Marks Sports Cars Ltd

Interesting Marko but I don’t see any need for the vent’s on a std car and the wheels don’t do it for me but each to there own

I watched the programme on Quest last night. I enjoyed watching the craftsmanship making the anti roll bars and the louvres and the surrey top but why did they replace perfectly good wire wheels with the black wheels with 3 ear spinners or why did they replace the original steering wheel and what purpose did the louvres have? The finished car would have a certain appeal to some but on balance I think I preferred the before to the after. If you are going to mess about with a TR then find an old wreck and get it back on the road rather than altering a reasonably original looking car. At least they kept the colour.

In saying all this my 4A has TR6 wheels, a Motalita steering wheel, TR6 seats and is a Vauxhall Jade Green colour (that wasn't my doing but colour nice enough). I have added a servo and overdrive and modified a couple of things to improve things such as handbrake mods. I also many years ago got a complete Surrey soft and steel hardtop with alloy back frame with screen for the sum of £350 at Malvern. When I got home I was in the dog house for a while after spending 'all that money'. So it was nice to be able to point out while watching the programme that today it would have cost me at least £3500. Still not sure I am forgiven though!

Keith

Watched it tonight, Did not think the vents added anything, they would have looked better if painted body colour IMO.

Not sure why the roll bar had to be made, surely they are an off the shelf item ?

Bob

12 hours ago, Lebro said:

Watched it tonight, Did not think the vents added anything, they would have looked better if painted body colour IMO.

Not sure why the roll bar had to be made, surely they are an off the shelf item ?

Bob

Vents horrid. Wheels ditto. 

Some great Pr for Revington, their Backlight and Roof panel, their arb in manufacture and a complete Revington suspension kit fitted.

Iain

I have been inspired. 

I think I will add some vents to my 3a but add a tube from the vent to a hole on the inner wing on the carb side only. 
I could use these types. 
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/demon-tweeks-rectangular-intake-duct-with-dual-outlets-msd7008/

10 minutes ago, iain said:

Vents horrid. Wheels ditto. 

Some great Pr for Revington, their Backlight and Roof panel, their arb in manufacture and a complete Revington suspension kit fitted.

Iain

I wasn't in it for the PR  :lol::lol::lol:

Well, as said Drew needs to be kept away from classic cars ! Vents as mentioned if you have to, body colour, black wheels, its not an Audi ! As for the contradictions ,well remember what you say. Originally a good looking car. If I owned it, change the vents to body colour , change the wheels and I could live with it ! I hope the new owner gets a lot of pleasure from it though. Congratulations to Revingtons for there patience and professionalism.  Good to see a Triumph being promoted on the tv.

9 hours ago, John Morrison said:

see how this guy made and fitted works copy vents.

John

Ah

chef Tush in Canada. And a contributor here.
a great Triumph Tr champion. 
and a very skilled DIY TR resto man.
also generous to share what he does. His channel is a great reference library. ( just don’t hold it against him that he is currently doing an Alfa)

On 1/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, Hamish said:

I have been inspired. 

I think I will add some vents to my 3a . . .

Steal from the best, Hamish. 

And you might just be on to something  .  .  .  .    ;)

Merc3SL(2).thumb.jpg.cc8ec380cb62a4161d7b81317cc6015f.jpg

TRvent2.thumb.jpg.219cec2d336d1d083e3ec89925a1c815.jpg

Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Deggers you have become my chief designer. 

but only just realised that’s where my numbers go :rolleyes:

C9404128-49DC-4EF0-8E5E-9C087300EC37.jpeg

462BC2FA-033A-45D3-913C-CD619165C57E.jpeg

On 1/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Hamish said:

Deggers you have become my chief designer. 

Haha :D

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about all your stickers H. Available real estate's at a bit of a premium on those wings!

A bonnet scoop perhaps? ;) Haven't seen many of those on a sidescreen.

Although it has been done. Grant and Fisk had a matching pair on their 3A during the '61 RAC Rally. Looked quite impressive. 

Motorsport Images has a few pictures of the car here, Motorsportimages.com. (About halfway down the page, car number 48  Reg 'XXL 407').

Deggers