10 minutes ago, PGB BME said:

Wouldn’t let that man design a dog kennel !

My dogs approve of this message ;):lol:

Stuart

A nice TR4.

A pity the vents are stuck on the outside - the Competitions Department made a better job by putting the vents on the inside for the four Works' TR4 Rally cars (3/4/5/6VC).

And one doesn't pronounce Michelotti with a soft ch sound. it is hard, like a k - Mikelotti.

Ian Cornish (a.k.a. P Dant)

3 hours ago, PGB BME said:

Wouldn’t let that man design a dog kennel !

So I am not the only one who thinks Drew should not be let anywhere near a car, on the few occasions I have watched his car program it’s made me want to cry and shout at him in equal measure. :(

Ahhhhhh Just seen this on Youtube.........

I prefer the car "before" the modifications obviously.......It was a low mileage, pretty original car before...

I even considered buying the car back and putting it back to the original specification, just for TV purposes :D

Autographs a pleasure! :ph34r: 

Hey if someone likes it and gets them into classic cars especially TR’s that’s great. 

how many times do we say to newbies and others “it’s your car do what you want “

my car is way off being original. But I love it and because it’s not original I have less qualms about modifying it here and there, So I hope we are not moving down that line of 

“got to keep it original”

Hamish, I completely agree with you it’s your car do what you want with it, it’s just that I think Drew has a different taste to me :D
IMHO the vents would have been ok painted body colour 

The vents might have been better if they were actually functional as opposed to just being stuck on the outside.

Stuart.

Interesting change of mindset ,on his salvage hunters program originality /patina etc are his ideals. When it comes to classic cars his ideas are totally opposite and tasteless . That man should not be let near a classic he has no idea how to improve or modify a classic car.

Must go and lay down for the sake of my blood pressure. 

Brian

I'm not an original look man but I think the car looks "heavier" on the black wheels, the wires make it look less like a shunting engine -sorry!. The vents too large and being black brought them into the foreground when looking at the car. Perhaps Triumph had a reason to omit them, good taste.

Alan

That video snippet is only a preview for the full episode (available now on Discovery Plus or free if you have Sky Q)

Salvage Hunters sourced the suspension and go faster bits from Revington TR as I understand it for the finished car and 6VC stars in that episode when they visited Neil.

The wing vents were made from a pattern that came from the Zoom prototype designed by Michelotti and a car that Neil Revington had / has in build.

Regards Mark