Hi to all couple of questions I’ve got a J type overdrive off I think according to the numbers a 2.5 saloon So the Speedo drive has got 17 teeth and the tr6  has got 20 teeth is it just a straight swap one for the other also is there anyone out there you can post me a picture  of the thrust bearing carrier because I’m not sure if I’ve got the proper one and the cross bar set up I think some of you have used roll pins as well as   Wire  also take this opportunity to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and happy New Year  regards John 

Hi John.

Picture of the clutch cross shaft with tapered pin and roll pin fitted and wired;-

I use a 4mm roll pin, and you will see fitted at right angles to the tapered pin.

Be very sure that the locating pins into the bearing carrier are a snug fit, there are different ones, think the TR are bigger, but they must be a good fit in teh carrier channel, had an example of the incorrect ones, taht eventually wore a groove in teh bearingh carrier and jammed solid, resulting in a gearbox out job.

I think, await confirmation, that the speedo drive is a straight swop, retained by a 7/16 short bolt in the tail housing.

wired overdrive 007.jpg