1 hour ago, Adrian Fuller said:

Hi all 

I have found lots of info on setting up mixture etc but not a lot on how to set up linkages for HS6 carbs. Does anyone have a link to some help with setting up the linkages? 

Thanks in advancs

Attached are the PDF pages of the Cox and Buckles installation instructions for HS6 carbs to sidescreen cars.

Instructions HS6 to TR.pdf

On 12/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Attached are the PDF pages of the Cox and Buckles installation instructions for HS6 carbs to sidescreen cars.

Instructions HS6 to TR.pdf 304.66 kB · 29 downloads

Peter, if you think this is useful, I will happily upload to Bonanza, but it won't open ("download failed" is the message I get).

Ciao, David

1 hour ago, Adrian Fuller said:

I am now thinking about air filters, what make model are these and is there enough space or gap to the inner wing? 

All suggestions on filters most aporeciated

Thanks in advance

They were aftermarket ones and I doubt they would fit a sidescreen car as the front one would probably foul the inner wing. K&N do a pair of conical type that are upswept so will definitely fit. No idea of the part numbers though Andrew Smith had them on his car.

Stuart.

I used these standard filters, for a TR4 I think, but proper paper element filters rather than the original wire dipped in oil affairs that the TR3s had. Only about £8 each too, so cheap enough to replace. Had to bend the front one in a bit to clear the wing on my H6s, but should be plenty of room with HS6s.

20210313_135019.jpg

Just now, Adrian Fuller said:

Yes I have a tr4a manifold, so will need to find something thinner, The body is not on the car at the minute so can not measure distances etc. 

Hence why I said about the K&N type.

Stuart.

With HS6 and the long TR4A inlet manifold on a sidescreen car, to avoid the front filter whacking the inner wing, I have one of these on the front carb, which has an upwards offset mounting hole.  
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/air-filter-kn-hs6-offset-hole-45mm-kn56-9132.html

and one of these with a central mounting hole on the rear carb.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/air-filter-kn-hs6-centre-hole-45mm-kn56-1400a.html

failing that 2 of these.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283164740964?hash=item41edef0d64:g:FpQAAOSw2xZd8lWCHi 

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
10 minutes ago, Adrian Fuller said:

Is it this type you were talking about Stuart? 

Screenshot_20211224_131707_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Yes thats the shape though I think theyre a K&N copy at that price.

Stuart.

10 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

The cone shaped K&Ns fit a treat and provide more filter area/air flow than the pancake filters. 

4B77027E-936F-4C6D-A9FE-02C8C17C47FF.jpeg

Yep the thin pancake filters you often see fitted really strangle the engine.

Stuart.