TR6 Heater/Ventilation Controls

Can someone please explain the operation of the distribution pull switch on the facia? I understand the electrical blower pull switch, the max/min heater control and also the two facia eyeball swivel's, but what do the two additional eyeball swivel's do under the dash?

Thanks Colin.

21 minutes ago, c.hydes said:

Can someone please explain the operation of the distribution pull switch on the facia? I understand the electrical blower pull switch, the max/min heater control and also the two facia eyeball swivel's, but what do the two additional eyeball swivel's do under the dash?

Thanks Colin.

Theyre supposed to send cold air to your feet as they bypass the heater matrix within the heater box so theyre only on or off when you open them.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Theyre supposed to send cold air to your feet as they bypass the heater matrix within the heater box so theyre only on or off when you open them.

Stuart.

I'm glad this came up, another opportunity for me to show my ignorance.

I fitted the uprated Clayton heater and the three speed switch, as yet I've only ever attached the hoses to the demister vents. I haven't connected the any of the eyeball vent partly because its an impossibly tight fit around the glovebox and partly because as Stuart describes above, it would appear it only provides cold air to the eyeballs.

I've never been able to get my head around ventilation set-up on this car, what am I missing :blink: ?

Richard.

16 minutes ago, Richard71 said:

I'm glad this came up, another opportunity for me to show my ignorance.

I fitted the uprated Clayton heater and the three speed switch, as yet I've only ever attached the hoses to the demister vents. I haven't connected the any of the eyeball vent partly because its an impossibly tight fit around the glovebox and partly because as Stuart describes above, it would appear it only provides cold air to the eyeballs.

I've never been able to get my head around ventilation set-up on this car, what am I missing :blink: ?

Richard.

Yes me too Richard.

I can get heat to to two screen demister slots, so what's the best way to get lots of heat to to our feet ?

Colin.

I've not really thought about it but that is backside first. Most other cars of that period send fresh air to dashboard eyeball vents. I may have a look to see if they can be swapped around. Of course fresh air is not in short supply in our cars when driven top down but this may be desirable with hood up or Hardtop on?

For customers that ask I delete the foot well eyeballs and blank the cold outlets from the heater then "T" the screen demist vents and dash eyeballs together thus giving you warm air to be able to demist the side windows, makes for a much more pleasant drive, if you want cold air open the window or put the hood down!.

Stuart

893132489_006(2)-Copy.thumb.JPG.12370bdbdd40d076a67df3fd727b4d09.JPG1636670357_012-Copy.thumb.JPG.6b02df9635f8144069d25eff361e39e1.JPG