MotoVac installation

3 minutes ago, keith1948 said:

Hello This has been covered earlier. Mine is on passenger side (Right hand drive car) where there is plenty of room and the white bit faces down.

Keith

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/28989-remote-brake-servo-fitting/

Direct link https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/28989-remote-brake-servo-fitting/

Stuart.

Hi,

Not sure but are you about to install an original period Mot-A-Vac.

If so all their is a very detailed section in the Triumph Workshop Manual starting on page 3.301, which is all I used in order to fit mine.

The original fitment for the Mot-A-Vac was on the offside where the inner wing has been re-shaped to accept it.

I later obtained an original set of General Fitting Instructions by Clayton Dewandre the manufacturers.

If you would like a copy send me a P.M. with an e-mail and I can forward it.

Regards, Richard

Thanks everyone!!  Yes…it is a Mot-A-Vac unit. Produced by Bendix Corporation.

I have a copy of the installation manual and the Bentley Shop manual…and as several people have said in the text I’ve read since my post yesterday…it looks quite straightforward.  I’ve had the servo rebuilt and bench tested…found an intake with two hoses for both the connection and the PCV unit and have gathered all the fittings…..but…..

I was just making sure there was not any “blind it is so obvious” issues anyone might have stumbled across. It is a left hand drive 1965 TR4a….so it will be a tight fit against the passenger side bulkhead….but I mocked it up once and it fits….

7 hours ago, Molasses09 said:

Thanks everyone!!  Yes…it is a Mot-A-Vac unit. Produced by Bendix Corporation.

I have a copy of the installation manual and the Bentley Shop manual…and as several people have said in the text I’ve read since my post yesterday…it looks quite straightforward.  I’ve had the servo rebuilt and bench tested…found an intake with two hoses for both the connection and the PCV unit and have gathered all the fittings…..but…..

I was just making sure there was not any “blind it is so obvious” issues anyone might have stumbled across. It is a left hand drive 1965 TR4a….so it will be a tight fit against the passenger side bulkhead….but I mocked it up once and it fits….

They were designed to fit against the rear of the right hand wheel arch where the "Flat" is, it means extra pipe work for the fluid lines but gives more room for everything else and the vacuum piping is shorter.

Stuart.

23 hours ago, Ade-TR4 said:

Hiya

I put mine on the N/S as the space on the O/S is quite crowded with carb etc etc.

The Mot-a-vac servo is excellent in use and with a more progressive feel compared to the Lockheed-repro type offerings from the usual places.

Ade

OP doesnt have that problem as his is L/Hand drive hence my suggestion to fit it where the factory did on the right hand arch flat.

Stuart.