14 minutes ago, ntc said:

Well I will not watch it again 

IT Skinks 

14 minutes ago, ntc said:

Well I will not watch it again 

IT Skinks 

Yep !

Appalling by the stewards Masi should never officiate again 

Verstappen and Red Bull have no class, they were beaten on the day and they knew it, Red Bull & Verstappen should have accepted that and taken second place to show some sporting class.the fact they didn’t IMO means they are not worthy F1 champions.

I believe Lewis won the race, and Max won the sprint lap.

Box office over the rule book, sad if no rule is set in stone.

Perhaps the race result needs to stand, but it not be counted towards the world championship, so we end with a joint victory.

Alan

Lewis beat Max of the line, Max dived at him and Lewis avoided a collision, (and I'm not sure about whether Lewis should have given up the lead) then fairly built an 11 second lead (and it could have been much more if he had known what was to transpire) before the safety car intervened, what ensued was a real mess, and contravenes the rules, never mind the racing spirit, of F1 not to mention the changing of the instructions enabling only some drivers to "unlap" themselves.
Mercedes executed a race plan according to the rules of racing, Red Bull took their only chance and benefited by a ruling from Masi, credit due to them, but hardly earned on the track.
Ian

Well, that was the first Grand Prix that I have ever watched. Just couldn’t understand how a driver leads a race for virtually the whole time and builds up a lead of 9 seconds approx and then loses that earned advantage due to a crash. Would the same thing have happened if Max V’s team partner had ‘crashed’ therefore giving his partner the same opportunity as this?
Crazy!
Won’t be watching again!
Tim

It hats worse.  Mercedes, anticipating a dispute, brought along a barrister with them.   And have lodged disputes about the F1 Regulations.  So all has yet to be decided.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-mercedes-launch-protests-over-abu-dhabi-gp-result-after-safety-car.5oNwx2opecswnQ5S70O1cY.html

I thought that the 'excuse' that marshals were still on track, dealing with the remains of the Williams crash, wasn't acceptable.    Any back markers allowed to pass the pace car would still be under yellow flag conditions and could not proceed at race speed.   So to forbid them to pass, and then do so at the last minute was odd.     But Merc are only bleating because they feel entitled!

Well done, Verstappen!   His initial pass, just after the start, he gave back to Lewis without prompting. And Lewis walked away from him.  He lost his lead, Tim, because he gambled on his undoubted ability to make tyres last longer, and lost the punt.

John

Edited by john.r.davies

In next years sprint I think I’ll use NOx injection  it’s  not allowed in the written regs 

but it seems that doesn’t matter anymore 

regardless of any appeals the result will stand and max is the new champion. 

roll on next year when the cars are different  and new  and we can see how the designers and teams interpret the regs. 

Edited by Hamish

What a way to end the season, total fiasco. To lose the race under those circumstances is totally wrong and smacks to me of manipulation.

You can't blame Verstappen he did his job, with the lead closed up under the safety car and max on fresher rubber race control must have had a pretty good idea of the final outcome.

New champion more hype and more revenue.

Brian

VIVA MAX as they say in Mexico. He did nothing wrong, his game plan worked out(but looked like it wouldn’t) Lewis’s did not.

we all new there would be tears at bed time, we just didn’t know who’s.

Paul

Edited by Harbottle
1 hour ago, ntc said:

I don’t know I guess some have no idea of Motorsport unfortunately this will make others that compete look at it different god forbid 

That wasn't motorsport though. The result wasn't caused by the performance of the drivers, their cars, or the teams.

Pete

How long before the blue book is confined to the bin and the rules simplified.

Rule 1. The Stewards will decide during the race the rules of the day. Competitors will just drive until stopped.

Rule 2. The Stewards are always right.

Rule 3. If the Stewards are wrong refer to rule 2.

Rule 4. Make sure all crashes can be seen on the TV cameras.