TR4/5/6 Overdrive switch

Hi Guys,

Am looking for an original RHD overdrive switch to replace the repro one purchased from one of the major Triumph suppliers. 

The construction of the switch is that the contact board is retained by 2 vertical slots cast in the alloy body/ Unfortunately the depth of these grooves are inadequate in the repro and the board  is not retained securely enough.  

In the way the switch is fitted the cable loom attached to this terminal board is under pressure as it is fed through the steering column and therefore needs to be firmly located in the switch body.

I have taken this up with the R&D section of the supplier and it is under investigation.

Cheers 

Rich

Blob of JB Weld on the thing to hold it more securely if you cannot find a new original.

https://www.jb-weld.co.uk/j-b-weld-epoxy-adhesives-1

https://www.jb-weld.co.uk

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Defective Overdrive switch update.

The stock at the well known supplier has been checked and one of the 9 currently held 1 was also defective. Seems like I received another defective one!

Anyway, all's well that ends well and a replacement 'checked out for function'  has been sent out to me.

Good service but clearly no goods inwards QA checks at supplier.

Rich