1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

Thnak you, John!  That needed saying.

May we petition Her Majesty to knight him?  YES WE CAN!    See: https://www.gov.uk/honours

Here'san extract:

"What people get honours for:
People get honours for achievements like:

• making a difference to their community or field of work  TICK
  • enhancing Britain’s reputation  TICK
  • long-term voluntary service
  • innovation and entrepreneurship  TICK  
  • changing things, with an emphasis on achievement   TICK
  • improving life for people less able to help themselves
  • displaying moral courage   TICK"

But maybe not for a knighthood.   Extract from the "Nomination Form", "You do not need to suggest the type and level of award – these will be determined when the nomination is assessed.   Most awards are made in the Order of the British Empire at Member (MBE) level or for a British Empire Medal (BEM)."

JOhn

Are you talking about Sir Lewis Hamilton ?

1 hour ago, acaie said:

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/author/joesaward/

As ever Joe Saward presents a balanced view bringing in some additional detail that we armchair pundits may not have thought about. Some other interesting stuff as well.

Yeah ? well nearly.

Though he's not thought of the implications that this seasons racing will endorse. Anything like a gap up the inside of the corner ? ...stick your car in it. The guy on the outside turning in has nowhere to go, if he turns in a collision ensues with the likelihood of both cars being out of the race and loosing points, if your in front on race wins it's a no brainer, you can control the results by denying the second place man a finish (that's been Verstappens ace card ever since he got in front).

The stewards will rue the day "let them race" became the deciding factor. Far more important that race within the rules as published is enforced, that ensures space for both racers is demanded and the resulting moans and inter team politicking with in house lawyers appeals far better handled in early season with more than a dozen races yet to be decided than a last lap race winner takes all s h i t fest as we received.   

I can't see the FIA allowing Masi to remain at the helm, Armageddon beckons for them  if a similar "bad news bears" decision "remaking" process was to be instigated by him. Confidence has to be re-established with a fresh man with rule reading ability and a talent to avoid calls of respective team managers until he's happy that the decision he's making is correct...even if it means gridding up for a couple of minutes whilst it's worked out.

Mick Richards  

22 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

I don't like to pretend that I have the ear of Her Majesty, but Lewis can thank me later.

What you gave her the nod before December last year when it was announced. 

20 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

I don't like to pretend that I have the ear of Her Majesty,

No! No! No! John.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick.

(Or maybe the wrong end of the sword.)

It is the Queen who wields the sword, not the recipient of the honour.

It is she who has the power to cut someone's ear off , and keep it, not you.

Charlie