Just wondered if a driver takes out another car and race control deem it was a deliberate act can the offending car be disqualified? This is the only thing that would prevent Max winning the champioship.  

Alan.      

Hamilton needs to get pole and drive off into the distance in Abu Dhabi …assuming RB don’t send out one of three team mates not in title contention to take him out! Cynical……yup, but with RBs desperation everything is possible 

3 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Just wondered if a driver takes out another car and race control deem it was a deliberate act can the offending car be disqualified? This is the only thing that would prevent Max winning the champioship.  

Alan.      

Yes but disqualification would still mean he Wins the championship, if he takes Hamilton out. He would be Champion on Race wins. 9:8

It would require him to be stripped of all championship points…as with Schumacher in 1997.

Edited by iain
4 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Alan.      

I’m sure they would ask red bull what their preferred penalty option is.

then impose a 5 second penalty to be undertaken in the next race of this season

oh wait a minute ………..

1 minute ago, iain said:

Yes but disqualification would still mean he Wins the championship, if he takes Hamilton out. He would be Champion on Race wins. 9:8

You're right. 

Alan.

2 minutes ago, ntc said:

If he or his boss makes that happen they should revoke his license and all points removed I hope it is a straight race to watch and enjoy but alas the sport has gone backwards since Silverstone we will see shortly 

+1

I didn’t realise that the brake testing was confirmed or that penalties were imposed !!

4 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

Apparently the race will be shown live on Channel 4 free to air.

Now where's the popcorn......

Ray

Ooh, that’s worth a watch !

18 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Not normally a fan, but Tiff Needell has this spot on for me.

John.

Do I have a short attention span, or did anyone else have difficulty following that?     Normally, I have time for Tiff, but this was just two blokes chatting, just like in the pub.    It's very cheap video, and needs a bit of work to provide examples from the race(s) about what they were discussing.  Tiff keeps reminiscing about long ago events - which is what he's good at, but distracts.     I didn't watch it all.

Edited by john.r.davies

That’s what blogs are all about.  A casual cheap approach to “broadcasting”
and probably didn’t have the rights or inclination to show clips. 

There are many funny pictures (at least in my opinion:rolleyes:)  here in Holland about Max and Lewis.

Think I can share this one without upsetting my fellow TR-ers.

D0FA3604-206A-4C04-8535-CD2EDF4C42FC.jpeg

On 12/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, John Morrison said:

I personally think this track is dangerous, but then I do not think Monaco is up to F1 any longer either.

Sorrry but have to disagree! It’s only dangerous if you don’t drive to the conditions and shape/speed of the track. Having massive run offs is just inviting drivers  especially the ones in the faster cars to just put their foot down, that’s not being a great driver it’s just having a fast engine. If we go by this then why not have a completely round track like Indy car racing,How exiting will that be!!!. We could also have a completely straight track with a bend at each end. Sorry but it’s not about just speed to be a world champion ask Lewis or any of the others. 
JMHO

Paul

23 hours ago, Waldi said:

There are many funny pictures (at least in my opinion:rolleyes:)  here in Holland about Max and Lewis.

Think I can share this one without upsetting my fellow TR-ers.

D0FA3604-206A-4C04-8535-CD2EDF4C42FC.jpeg

Max has the title but he will always know that without the intervention of the stewards he would have come second. Not that he will be bothered.

Rgds Ian

6 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

Max has the title but he will always know that without the intervention of the stewards he would have come second. Not that he will be bothered.

Rgds Ian

That's unfair!    Mercedes gambled on Lewis' ability to use worn tyres long after others would, and lost.  He could not match Max's adhesion and cornening ability on fresher tyres.

Red Bull were aided by the the Stewards' apparent inabilty to take a decision, so that they only allowed the lapped cars in front of Verstappen to pass Hamilton and the pace car at the very last minute.    Their decision was said to be based on marshals still being on track, dealing with the rubbish from the Williams crash that put the pace car out.     But those cars would still be under yellow plags and could not proceed at racing speed, to relatively much less risk.

Mercedes, anticipating a disputed result brought their legal tem with them, and protested, but have been thrown out by the Stewards.      Stand by for a nice little earner for M'learned friends, as Mercedes sues F1, The Liberty Media Corp., the Stewards, Verstappen, anyone!     They are considerably dis-entitled!

John

1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

That's unfair!    Mercedes gambled on Lewis' ability to use worn tyres long after others would, and lost.  He could not match Max's adhesion and cornening ability on fresher tyres.

Red Bull were aided by the the Stewards' apparent inabilty to take a decision, so that they only allowed the lapped cars in front of Verstappen to pass Hamilton and the pace car at the very last minute.    Their decision was said to be based on marshals still being on track, dealing with the rubbish from the Williams crash that put the pace car out.     But those cars would still be under yellow plags and could not proceed at racing speed, to relatively much less risk.

Mercedes, anticipating a disputed result brought their legal tem with them, and protested, but have been thrown out by the Stewards.      Stand by for a nice little earner for M'learned friends, as Mercedes sues F1, The Liberty Media Corp., the Stewards, Verstappen, anyone!     They are considerably dis-entitled!

John

John,

Until the crash and the stewards intervened Lewis was winning the race. After the crash if the stewards had followed the rules, Lewis would have won.  MB made the only decision available to them in the circumstances. And that decision would also have been made against the rules in place at the time. They wouldn’t have known that Mike Masi was going to tear up the rule book.

Rgds Ian

PS As Mark Webber said, for the final shoot out lap LH would have felt like the person taking a knife to a gunfight.  Max Verstappen is a superb driver and pretty much the equal of Lewis.  With the relative state of their tyres there could only have been one outcome.  MB would have known that so they wouldn't have made the decision they did if they had known what Masi was going to do, although it is diffcult to see what else they could have done even if they had known.  So no, my comment isn't unfair and MV will always know he has Mike Masi to thank for his title.

Edited by Ian Vincent