TR5 for sale - consecutive Commission Numbers

I note a TR5 in Valencia Blue for sale in the TRR Classifies Ads, CP406. 

That's the one immediately before my own TR5, CP407, which was also originally in Valencia Blue. That had a 1993/94 restoration in British Racing Green before I acquired it in 1997. I'm now doing a second full body off restoration after which it will be in Royal Blue.

Nice to know that at least 2 consecutive production cars are still around.

Dave McD

Hi Dave,

That is good to hear. I just looked at the advertisement and it would appear to be a bargain at £30k.

Regards,

Denis

15 hours ago, DenisMc said:

Hi Dave,

That is good to hear. I just looked at the advertisement and it would appear to be a bargain at £30k.

Regards,

Denis

Until you look underneath. Check its MOT History https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Stuart.

Just now, Gary Flinn said:

A strange M.O.T. History, how can a car be freshly undersealed for 15 years?!!

It would appear the Chassis will need careful inspection? 

If you check the mileage its not surprising it still looks fresh but I get the impression its been added to every year.

Stuart.

I noticed this when I checked the mot history I'm with Stuart suspicious? I'm surprised the mot tester didn't use his corrosion tool!! for those who don't know its not a hammer its a aluminium T shaped plastic headed sort of toffee hammer with a flat screw driver end on the handle for scrapping  and before anyone says you cannot remove underseal to check whats being hidden you can lightly tap and poke and possibly refuse to test if the underseal is excessive but the manual will have to be checked for that 

Chris