Hi All,

Here at Peerless Towers we have three cars for sale! One is fully on the road and the other two are "all to do" projects.

"On-the-road car first:

Alan Dobson has had his Primrose Yellow Phase 1 for sale a couple of times at auction to no avail. I had a chat with him on the phone the other night and we both don’t seem to be able to figure out why there has been so little interest.

I have added some of the advert information here for you to read and if anyone is interested, please email or call me and I will pass on contact details.

This ultra-rare Peerless GT was manufactured in 1959 and first registered on the 16th of January 1959 to a Mr Leslie Helier Cody of Kensington who was the son of Samuel Franklin Leslie Cody a member of No 41 Squadron Royal Flying Corps during WW1 and grandson of the world-famous ‘Col’ S. F. Cody who was a circus performer and aeroplane maker. Fitted with the 1991cc straight-four engine mated to the four-speed manual transmission with overdrive, the Peerless was originally finished in Grey but is now presented in the attractive colour scheme of Pale Yellow with Grey interior upholstery. Passing through two subsequent keepers to Cody in the first three years, the Peerless entered fourth ownership in which it remained until the 1980s.

Entering the previous (Peerless Register member) ownership in 2003 following long-term storage, ‘647 GBH’ was subject to a body-off restoration which was completed in 2014. Purchased by the vendor in 2019, the Peerless has since benefitted from engine servicing, new rear brake shoes and much further remediation work in 2021 to the cost of c.£960, although the Peerless’ speedometer has stopped working between the 2020 and 2021 MOTs (recorded mileage 93,849 miles). Offered with history file which comprises the original buff logbook, past MOTs and invoices, original owner’s manual and current V5C.

The other two cars I am still awaiting info/photos! If you are interested then drop me a line and I will pester the owners to finally get their acts together and send me/you some stuff!

Goodwood Breakfast Club 2019 Edit-16 (Large) (2020_03_05 09_55_05 UTC).jpg

gbh.jpg

Hi John,

it would be around the £22,000 OVNO which I think is OK for its condition, although Its been a couple of years since I've seen it but its always been garaged. Restored by a previous registrar who de-bugged it before being persuaded to sell. 

Has a current MOT into March next year. Last one sold was back in sept 2020 in Belgium for £42,000! It was a very sorted car looking at the photos.....I did ask the great unwashed to support my application for funding to go on a fact finding mission to the European capital of beer..CARS, I meant cars, to check it out pre auction but as per, my lot are always crying poverty!

well I could be a little biased Hamish, This was something I did to show "some" similarities to the DB4 (which is the closest I guess) although it came out a year after the Phase 1.

The Peerless sits a lot lower, has a De Dion, 2 back seats and larger boot space......and is slightly cheaper to run but sadly does not have the contents of the DB's engine compartment:ph34r:

A-P montage.jpg