I think the comments above say it all. It would be to the detriment of the Forum if Roger does not contribute going forward and I hope Roger will reconsider his decision.

Graeme

12 minutes ago, graeme said:

I think the comments above say it all. It would be to the detriment of the Forum if Roger does not contribute going forward and I hope Roger will reconsider his decision.

Graeme

I think it’s highly unlikely Roger will reconsider without a public apology, and that’s pretty unlikely as well.

Rgds Ian

Come on Roger, come back. I nearly walked from the Register once because of the BoD's ineffectiveness and attitude at that time, however I didn't and I am glad I didn't. Its a very good club indeed and you, my friend, are way too valuable a person to walk away. Have a re-think and come back...... please!

Alan G

Come on Roger, how are we young 'whippersnappers' going to keep our TRs on the road if you're not around to answer all our newbie questions? Without your wisdom and experience to guide us, chances are the wheels are going to fall off . . . perhaps literally, if we put our spinners on the wrong sides! 

Come on back to the fold. 

Cheers, Deggers

2 hours ago, Z320 said:

Could anybody explain me in short words what happened?

For de-escalation by PM, please.

Roger put up a post with some contentious words in it - He was rude about Macron.

John Morrison removed Roger's post and it all stemmed from there.  The post is now back up with the offending words deleted.

Rgds Ian

Dear Roger,

What can I add to all these good, no excellent, no, compelling reasons?

Nothing. I am just plain sad you will give in, when clearly all these people (and me) think very highly of you and have learned so much.

I don't want you to disappear. This Forum needs "Roger H".

Yours with best wishes, and sincerely hope you will be tenderized by all this support to be TOUGH and not give in.

Ciao,

David

3 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Roger put up a post with some contentious words in it - He was rude about Macron.

John Morrison removed Roger's post and it all stemmed from there.  The post is now back up with the offending words deleted.

Rgds Ian

Ooookaaaay…..

this makes me wonder……

Was this about „close the borders“, „keep your refugees“ and „@€)(!!?&@@ Macron“?

8 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Ooookaaaay…..

this makes me wonder……

Was this about „close the borders“, „keep your refugees“ and „@€)(!!?&@@ Macron“?

The post is now back for you read and make you own interpretation but from what I remember it suggested that the French were being less than diligent about stopping potential immigrants departing their shores in small boats. 

I think Roger was correct in his appraisal of the current situation. Is it so wrong to actually say, or print, what most of us feel anyway. I say hussah to you Roger, you are welcome to free tea at my place anyday although you will have to pay for the chocolate hob-nobs !

Oh maybe the words choclate hob-nobs might offend someone, I apologise unreservedly !!   LOL

Alan G

I've only just caught up with this, been away in England for a week.  A couple of things, I stopped using the forum a few years ago, for a month or two, because someone was personally rude to me about an opinion I had.  I came back though as it is hard to stay away when looking for friendly advice.  And that advice was very, very, very often from Roger.  In most cases he was first to respond and usually correct. I always look for his posts, even when they are not related to what I am looking for. 

Living where I do, this forum is my local club branch. It keeps me in touch with things as well as all the technical stuff.  I will miss Roger's input and hope he comes back on.

Regarding the subject matter, it must be right to voice an opinion, even if others disagree, surely that is the free speech that we all value. 

regards

Dave

I’m hoping that without even logging on Roger’s antenna will pick up the positive vibes , what else can that hat be for !

Edited by Steves_TR6
8 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

The post is now back up with the offending words deleted.

This sort of thing has happened before here...

Odd messages...

Yet again I think it is all to do with GCHQ looking for staff.

I have tried and tried to fit words into the XXX patterns that have been left for us to decipher.

Personally I can't work the words out.

Anyone done any better?

Charlie.

(Well... you have to keep smiling, don't you..)