A slightly modified TR6 in long term ownership

I don’t understand how in the US you can build what ever you like and have it on the road. Even down to not having wings ( fenders) mudguards 

let alone those massive crate engines ?!

23 minutes ago, Hamish said:

I don’t understand how in the US you can build what ever you like and have it on the road. Even down to not having wings ( fenders) mudguards 

Different concept of enforcing responsible social behaviour, rather than setting a legally acceptable  construction standard, the US seems to use civil litigation to control behaviour- if that vehicle hurts anyone the US legal fraternity will bankrupt the owner and all associated with the car.

History seems to have developed these two different societies approaches to achieving the same end.

Just now, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Would it be brown trousers at the first fast bend?

Lucky they dont have many of them over there.

Stuart.

8 hours ago, Hamish said:

You could do exactly the same here if you were that way inclined. Doesn't need MOT and won't be checked unless you have a major claim

43 minutes ago, mtrehy said:

You could do exactly the same here if you were that way inclined. Doesn't need MOT and won't be checked unless you have a major claim

This v8 /turbo would come under a substantial change so would need an MOT if not more. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/670431/vehicles-of-historical-interest-substantial-change-guidance.pdf

19 minutes ago, Hamish said:

As I said, if you were that way inclined you could do the same here. No questions asked until something goes wrong

45 minutes ago, AarhusTr6 said:

So do Moss sell those parachutes that he uses on the end of the clip???

:-)

Richard

No just the wheelie bars for Black Friday. 

There's a thought, realising your parachute has been supplied by Moss just before you desperately need it :o 

Mick Richards