Twin Valve Springs

TRTOM2491PI

Nice!

I don't think we need to discuss whether your valve springs are upto the task they are intended or not. Actually, in your configuration this may be a requirement having 200 lbs spings. I am merely pointing out that the valve springs should NOT be oversized for their use. i.e. using 200 lbs springs in combination with a Newman PH1 cam is overkill.

3 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

TRTOM2491PI

Nice!

I don't think we need to discuss whether your valve springs are upto the task they are intended or not. Actually, in your configuration this may be a requirement having 200 lbs spings. I am merely pointing out that the valve springs should NOT be oversized for their use. i.e. using 200 lbs springs in combination with a Newman PH1 cam is overkill.

I’m having an engine built with the same cam as Tom is currently using, I asked Newman for their recommendation as to what springs and they said double 190s along with the 140b followers.

3 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

TRTOM2491PI

Nice!

I concur. A lot of folk get this wrong, or use a camshaft that been re-ground.

23 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

As you can see, it does get driven reasonably hard.

Tacho.jpg

Well that’s pretty conclusive (impressive ) :)

but still not even close to the red line …….. that must be in a different county. 

just a thought. Without a red line how do you know when to change gear ?

:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Well that’s pretty conclusive (impressive ) :)

but still not even close to the red line …….. that must be in a different county. 

just a thought. Without a red line how do you know when to change gear ?

:ph34r:

Hi Hamish,

Usually by the sound, but since this excursion, there is now a rev limiter that cuts at 6800RPM.

They are a very strong engine if built nicely, balanced and good quality components used.

Cheers.