Length(s) of PI injector hoses

Paul,

The lengths are in the TR6 parts book. pipe 1 is 30 & 1/4" long, pipe 2 is 31" long, pipe 3 is 30" long, pipe 4 is 29 & 1/8" long, pipe 5 is 21 & 3/4" long and pipe 6 is 20 & 1/4" long. You'll have to convert to metric yourself. They are listed on pages 63 & 64 of the May 1973 parts book and no doubt others.

cheers

Derek

23 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

Paul,

The lengths are in the TR6 parts book. pipe 1 is 30 & 1/4" long, pipe 2 is 31" long, pipe 3 is 30" long, pipe 4 is 29 & 1/8" long, pipe 5 is 21 & 3/4" long and pipe 6 is 20 & 1/4" long. You'll have to convert to metric yourself. They are listed on pages 63 & 64 of the May 1973 parts book and no doubt others.

cheers

Derek

Thank you Derek.

I didn't even know there was a dedicated parts book!

Paul

TR6 Parts book part numbers

1969 to 1973  is 517785 or 517785A    The 517785 is a spiral ring bound book with hard covers and is really only useful for 1969/70 models.  517785A is a soft back book that is far more complete.  It has been reproduced by Brooklands Books

Later  is RTC9093  This is a graphic parts book that list and fails to list items that might or might not be in the earlier books.  Useful for images of the later CR/CF unique items.

Microfiche also exist if you have a reader.

I'll get my anorak

Here's a summary with metric included

Injector, length (imperial|), length (mm), fitting at metering unit

1          30 & 1/4"           768      Right angle

2          31”                   787      Banjo

3          30”                   762      Right angle

4          29 & 1/8”          740      Right angle

5          21 & 3/4"           552      Banjo

6          20 & 1/4"           514      Right angle

total      161 & 3/8”        4,123    

On 11/24/2021 at 12:04 PM, saffrontr said:

Paul,

There are a couple of websites where you can download pdf copies of most TR6 manuals. One such is vitessesteve.

cheers

Derek 

Paul,

Given what you can get off this site versus the cost of buying reproduced paper versions, please be one of the good guys and make a donation to Steve. 

Rather sadly, I checked the length of the four NOS ones I have from around 1985 bought from C&B. I don't have numbers 1 and 4, 3 and 6 still coiled in sealed bags but 2 and 5 are in straight bags and these measure:

2) actual pipe 777 mm, so centre to centre adds another 17 mm making 794 mm and 

5) actual pipe 497 mm, so centre to centre adds another 17 mm making 514 mm. 

So number 2 being ~ 7 mm longer, I can't see making any difference but number 5 being 38 mm short may..... The label for number 5 has the Leyland  L in a circle, made in UK 1 x UKC362 followed by S350 K9.

Prompted by this I measured the two original reclaimed take offs I have, and they both measure 527 mm plus 17 mm to give 544 mm. 

The "remanufactured" set I bought as few years ago has number 5 as 560 mm plus 17 mm to give 577 mm.

Make of that what you will! Well, apart from the obvious that I've nothing better to do!

Regards

Bill 

PS. Allow +- 2 mm for tape measure being cold!!!!

1          30 & 1/4"           768      Right angle      

2          31”                   787      Banjo

3          30”                   762      Right angle

4          29 & 1/8”          740      Right angle

5          21 & 3/4"           552      Banjo

6          20 & 1/4"           514      Right angle

On 11/23/2021 at 8:47 PM, paul83 said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know the lengths of each injector pipe (between metering unit and injector at manifold)? I am converting from carbs and have no reference, and can't find the information in the Brown Book nor the Forum.

Thanks,

Paul

I always had trouble with the removal of the rocker box cover as 5&6 pipes interfered with its removal so that when it came to re-new the M/U. I made these 2 longer so that the cover cleared the studs.

Bruce.

Bill,

The UKC part numbers came in from the start of the CR series so maybe the lengths were changed then? Pretty sure I have some NOS ones somewhere in one of the boxes in the garage so if I can find them will check what length they are. There was also a change to the way the pipes were retained on the rocker cover when some plastic clips were fixed to the cover as per attached image, but I think they only came in later from CR5001.

regards

Derek  

pipe clips 3.jpg

Just found one of the NOS pipes that I have which is for no 1 injector, and it is exactly 30 & 1/4" long with part number UKC 0351 so identical length to the earlier number. Mine is in a Lucas packet with Lucas part number 54735695 and BL no UKC0351. The other five remain to be found but really too cold in the garage to go there again today!