I have my TR3A running well now but there many small details which need attention. It is cold out there and the battery retaining strap is not urgent. But squeezing parts in to the correct position often takes a while and finding tools and parts can be long winded .

At home I have the curtains drawn , the log fire well alight and Strictly Come Dancing on the TV. So I am relaxed  and having supper .  While concentrating on the details for the dancing I note that each pair has a  personal backdrop for their special dance. The band are behind the scenery and the dance goes well. I am not familiar with building film sets but even if you make it simple and mostly fully constructed already,  they do not have long to erect it. It looks as if the entire set has been changed while the two girls are talking to some dancers and judges. When we move on to a new couple there is a new backdrop sometimes looking a bit complicated, but erected in a very short time slot.

So it seems as if I am not watching live TV but a long programme which is recorded and edited.  

Then on Sunday there are the two pairs repeating their dances so that the judges can decide who has to leave the competition. This requires the   two stages to be built again.  Does this require the same high speed work or is a lot recorded. If it was I am sure that the winner  of the "dance off" would be well known before the broadcast.

Are there any BBC TV people in the TR world who can explain how it is done ?

Thanks Richard & B

As far as I know the Saturday program is all live except the Professionals group dance at the start.

The "Sunday" program is actually recorded after the voting ends on the Saturday.

Bob

I think a lot of the stage “Sets” are just done by lighting effects. The dance floor its self being a good example. Often the floor has a 3D look about it , but in reality it can’t be.

What I can’t understand though is that as the dancers move about the floor there don’t seem to be any shadows cast to upset the pattern which I guess means loads of projectors sending light from different angles, that all have to fall in exactly the same place.

Problem is that I spend more time trying to work out the way the lighting is done than I do watching the actual dancing.

Charlie.

I am relieved to see that most TR’ers viewing this prog are concentrating on the hardware and logistics .

I confess it’s a program franchise I cannot bare. 

but for those of you who do watch please be aware of the warning signs of over indulgence 

ie considering that nice rouge sequinned fabric for the front seats or hood. 
:ph34r: