Are you sure that you have the correct .gov website and not some look alike scam job from somewhere in Africa. It doesn't sound right, they know its a historic vehicle yet are asking you to tell them its a historic vehicle, plus I don't remember having to pay tp have the status changed when I did mine. 

George 

Adrian

Look at your V5 there is a section where you can record changes to your vehicle , fill in the one that says taxation class to historic , take it to a main post office along with insurance certificate and they will tax it Free of charge ,send your old V5 to Swansea , you will then recieve a new updated one in the post , they will also give you a receipt.

any problems get back to me

graham

32CB72D3-1871-470B-842D-F3069D9FE07B.jpeg

On 11/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, tr graham said:

Adrian

Look at your V5 there is a section where you can record changes to your vehicle , fill in the one that says taxation class to historic , take it to a main post office along with insurance certificate and they will tax it Free of charge ,send your old V5 to Swansea , you will then recieve a new updated one in the post , they will also give you a receipt.

any problems get back to me

graham

32CB72D3-1871-470B-842D-F3069D9FE07B.jpeg

This worked for me.

Al